This was a surprise! Who would have thought......

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
She has white markings on the back so we know it is the same one. Looks like scars.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
After I put the repellant around what was left of my lilies, my 8 brand new roses got chewed down to the stems! Great looking animals but not in my yard!
I put critter ridder higher up in the yard, she did not wander up there, so now going to put it down by the pond also, around what is left of the day lilies.

There is so much vegetation out there............probably does not taste as good as the lilies.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The water lilies are something new! and of course shes going to go after your hybrid purple. My 3 hybrids bloomed but the flowered didn't last 5 minutes! Koi don't seem to like the Colorado lilies.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol she did not eat that one, but sure did kick it. I need to re-pot the poor thing. The other hybrid purple was stripped of all its leaves, it is in one of the small ponds next to the lotus.
I may need to move it to the big pond where it might have a chance against her.

She was munching on the parrots feather when honey shot up into the air, she jumped, fell into the stream pond, took off up the hill and out of the yard. It is surprising you can not even see the path they take. Except for scattered rocks she kicked as she went.

opps need to upload the next one, for some reason it was cut off her falling into the stream pond

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
She looks so pretty and in place on your picturesque property. Oh boy look at her run, that scared the poo outta her for sure!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
wow! What stands out to me is not the deer but the clarity of the vid. Even our govts dont have vids that amazing. Btw, that deer will be back. That food is worth it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I have had lilies in it since 2010, this is the first deer attack ever. If I did not have to net the pond it would less of a worry. That deer could have gotten totally tangled up in it and drown.
Hate to be mean, but maybe a good idea or she teaches her babies to come back then you have hell on your hands.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
wow! What stands out to me is not the deer but the clarity of the vid. Even our govts dont have vids that amazing. Btw, that deer will be back. That food is worth it.
I have a q-see system, not their best, but it works great for watching the goings on in the yard. I love being able to dial in to check the pond, yard, fish when we are not around.
Hate to be mean, but maybe a good idea or she teaches her babies to come back then you have hell on your hands.
One bad winter, we were not here, came back to find every plant on the hill groomed down, the emerald green arborvitae groomed down to the trunks, my neighbor told us we had 30-40 deer at a time in the yard. Now I wrap the arborvitae in the fall.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I remember your pictures from that winter! Some friends of our had all of their newly planted apple and peach trees nibbled down to the top of the snow. They had wrapped them about 3 feet up to keep the rabbits away, but didn't account for the fact that the rabbits would be on top of the snow - which was almost four feet deep! Nature finds a way!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We just can't win :(
Well the shot in the air must have worked, mrs bambi has not come back. So far.

I also lowered the net so she could not get under it. Still will be a issue if she walks on it on the bank side and gets tangled up. But that is on land.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You win for now! Hope she stays away and does not get into the net. She would pull that net to kingdom come trying to get out of it!

Ask a Question