TURTLEMOMMY HAS A FEW MORE "FILTER" QUESTIONS :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well I guess you learned the hard way,would have paid to see that . LOL.Some come with a bolt and nut that your turn and it turns them down .It depends on what brand it is .Mine is a hydro pacific one and is small and easy to manage .It does pump fast and only takes a minute or two to clean the gunk out ,which is fine with me .The faster I get it done the faster I can get to other things .I bought another one that is a little bigger and use it in my underground water collection tank .I use it for there because some times I get grit coming off the roofing shingles ,free water for my plants and I add fertilizer to the tank water and feed at the same time .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy -- just visited & commented on your bog! Awesome! Am going to conduct more research. Pond will only be about 300-400 gal (and growing weekly ;) ) total. Since box turtles do most of their "business" in their water (they really do poop a lot!), am mostly wondering if a small bog would be able to keep up with the load...

Waterbug -- Doc filter.

It might not, but it would be neat if you could add one. You could have a bog and a skippy/doc filter to be able to collect the poop then go into the bog.

Ask a Question