Two pumps in skimmer box

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Breakers can be bad and still work but when the load is more than the breaker can handle being bad they can trip .My son is a licensed electrician .I use 2 pumps one is 2900 gph and the other is 2400 gph and combine watt used is around 120 and the most .They are the laguna ones .
Yes I understand, but in this case it's the pump that's bad, not the circuit it's on

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought my circuit was not bad but my son tested it and it was not testing correctly .I mean at the time this was a brand new house and the panels in my house were brand new .They were put in June and I got my C -of -O in November .But there was a really bad storm there in September of that year .Even pumps can be damaged from a surge of electricity .Things don't last the way they used too .Sad to say .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I didn't realize that you had asked another question. Sorry!
You apparently added another waterfall because you wanted another waterfall. Great!! Double the aeration.
But you do want a waterfall, don't you? Splash for your cash?
Then replace the bad pump with another of the same flow rate (GPH). On a separate circuit.

You can also wire 2 separate GFI's on the same breaker line. If one kicks, the other will still work ...

Ask a Question