Two storms in under a week

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Well we here in the south west of the UK have been in the firing line yet again with two storms making landfall
With winds gusting up to 85 mph weve had fooding, trees down, Trucks blown over, power out's people hurt etc
Spent the night of the first storm keeping a close eye on all the polycarbonate sheeting adding extra weight where needed.
At one point we thought the flat was being lifted off the grown after we were hit by a huge gust of wind lasting for a least 5 seconds pummeling all around .the walls windows and door .
So its been pretty hairy over here of late .

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Unreal, winds can be very destructive. Hang in there.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow dave that keeps up you may end up be blown to another country .Better hang on . :cheerful:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good you made it through them both and hope no more for you this year.Which way was the wind blowing? Some of us in that direction will look for you to drop in if this keeps up

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Be sure to add plenty of seasoning Sunshine cuz I've heard the Brits are a bit tough

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Ok if we get blown in your direction we are bringing our leg of lamb with us lol not going to leave that behind.
As to being tough who's the country who's stuck with you guys taking our wounds,along side of yours, through thick an thin.
Ever since G W Bush's Snr's miss-guided invasion of Iraq right up until the end of G W Bush's miss-guided Invasion of Afghanistan :eek: yes that's right we tough assed brits :D

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
On a softer note yes all the koi are looking good under their polycarbonate sheeting and only missed one water change this winter weather or no weather which was last weekends, but back up to speed again now .

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
And so it goes on folks weve just been hit by yet another severe storm gusting upwards of 80 mph.
More flooding, tree's down, lives lost, fires etc.
Two storms like this in a week I can believe is a natural thing but a third now thats unheard of folks, it really is .
It bodes ill for the new year which they are now s\aying will be very cold.

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Does not make for a very happy time for you all over there. I sure hope things get better. No more bad storms for Dave's part of the world please God. You guys keep safe and don't go out and about when things look iffy. We don't want anything bad to happen to you.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hang in there Dave, the weather is weird this year, sometimes I think we say that every year.

Ask a Question