Undrtkr's garden pond

Reaction score
Well I added my first fish a few days back, so I guess it's time to get an update posted here. I'll start with the "before" shots from back in October when I first broke ground.

DSCN2477.jpg

DSCN2475.jpg

Shortly after I started digging, we decided to pull up all the grass on that part of the yard, so I rented a sod lifter. Nice machine - got the whole thing cut up in about an hour. Just wish I had spent a little more time around the edges and detail work with the machine. Would have saved me a lot of shovel work.

DSCN2481.jpg

DSCN2486.jpg

Reaction score
DSCN2895.jpg

DSCN2896.jpg

And the bog garden at the back end of the pond:
DSCN2900.jpg

Picked up a few Sarassa's over the weekend:
DSCN2885.jpg

Still have a bit more landscaping to do, and will add some surface plants like hyacinth in the next week or so. Have been circulating the water for a couple of months. No pea soup water and not too much string algae so far.

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. Yeah, I'm happy with the stream. It's maybe 30" wide at the falls with about 4,000 gph running through it. Got a deal on a large, used pump. Hopefully it lasts for a while. I am losing a little water on the right hand side of the falls where it is trickling around the edge of the liner. I'll continue to monitor. I think I can fix it by playing around with the liner and rock work there, but am too lazy to pull it all apart right now. Losing less than 1" per day, but when summer hits it may be too much on top of evaporation. We'll see. :surfing:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Very nice transformation and a great addition to your yard! When the plants start maturing, it is really going to look fantastic.

Ask a Question