Unhappy Common

Reaction score
A little rain this morning, but the sun soon came out and Ive spent most of the day making a heron, snake, cat net cover and still not finished... Just stooped for some diner and then carry on. Getting there!
Alan,.isn't it great to have built in therapy in your own back yard!
Enjoy my friend and welcome to the forum!
Isn't it :)
Noticed the water level was down this morning, must of spring a leak... Cant see anything obvious, have to wait to see where it stops:mad:

Reaction score
A little rain this morning, but the sun soon came out and Ive spent most of the day making a heron, snake, cat net cover and still not finished... Just stooped for some diner and then carry on. Getting there!
Alan,.isn't it great to have built in therapy in your own back yard!
Enjoy my friend and welcome to the forum!
Isn't it :)
Noticed the water level was down this morning, must of spring a leak... Cant see anything obvious, have to wait to see where it stops:mad:

Reaction score
Ive now got a half kilo of sticks from my friend and is having chew then spitting them out again. The fish this is, not my friend!
But, put some weed in two days back and was awoken by a almighty racket, they have started to spawn this morning, maybe this is the problem, eggs everywhere... I feel sorry for some of the females, being hounded along LOL

Reaction score
Ive now got a half kilo of sticks from my friend and is having chew then spitting them out again. The fish this is, not my friend!
But, put some weed in two days back and was awoken by a almighty racket, they have started to spawn this morning, maybe this is the problem, eggs everywhere... I feel sorry for some of the females, being hounded along LOL

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
AlanN said:

mine our doing the same thing ... very humid i really dont need anymore babies !!!

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
AlanN said:

mine our doing the same thing ... very humid i really dont need anymore babies !!!

Reaction score
Just an update, my common is now vacuming everything up now and seems a lot happier.
One other thing, can I over feed the fish? I know Ive got a lot more fish than before and I used to only feed them once a day, but Ive started to get into the habit of feed morning and evening... A good handful each time but they are clearing it away within 5 minutes, it looks like a trout pond at times, I might be not feeding them enough!

Reaction score
Just an update, my common is now vacuming everything up now and seems a lot happier.
One other thing, can I over feed the fish? I know Ive got a lot more fish than before and I used to only feed them once a day, but Ive started to get into the habit of feed morning and evening... A good handful each time but they are clearing it away within 5 minutes, it looks like a trout pond at times, I might be not feeding them enough!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I always heard if they eat it in 5 minutes you are doing just fine. You just don't want food left over. Twice a day? no clue will let the koi keepers tell you that. My fish in other pond were sort of on their own, ie ate whatever came along, did not feed them very often at all, and they are all large now. (not koi)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I always heard if they eat it in 5 minutes you are doing just fine. You just don't want food left over. Twice a day? no clue will let the koi keepers tell you that. My fish in other pond were sort of on their own, ie ate whatever came along, did not feed them very often at all, and they are all large now. (not koi)

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Mine get extra hand fulls during the summer months
But i cant go 5 min i wouldn't be able to keep any food

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Mine get extra hand fulls during the summer months
But i cant go 5 min i wouldn't be able to keep any food