Unhappy fish

Reaction score
Morning dave well looks like the are still all breathing thank god will try and do water change this morning but have a family do all day. Might order the air pump on line at least I know I will get it. The one I was going to get was a pond one think it was about £55 then the air stone. In all the years I have had my pond I have never had this problem before very frustrating and concerning but I am sure we will get it sorted. Let's hope the weather is not to hot today that will help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
What air pump do you recommend there are so many to choose from
Had a quick look around for you found a supplier that will supply free airstones and valves to stop syphoning of water back to the airpump for £35.00 that gives you four airstones to play with:-

http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/pond/pond-pumps-2/air-pumps/20l-min-outdoor-pond-air-pump.html

You'll also note that all postage is free on the UK mainland , its not a make I know but I've discussed cheaper airpumps on another forum before.
The general concensus was that they are just as good as the more expensive models so I recomend this as a first airpump they supply the manifold for the running of extra lines which is a big plus :happy:
Did you guys get much in the way of thunder lightening torrential rain and hail yesterday or did it miss Essex ?

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks very much I ordered the airpump it will be here tomorrow I did a water change this morning before work and hubby cleaned pump and filter today. And changed uv light just to be on safe side pond very clear did nitrate test that was 0 ph-wert was 8 and gh was 7 and cl was 0

Yeah we got a doozy of a storm yesterday very muggy today but no sun

Sue

Had a quick look around for you found a supplier that will supply free airstones and valves to stop syphoning of water back to the airpump for £35.00 that gives you four airstones to play with:-

http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/pond/pond-pumps-2/air-pumps/20l-min-outdoor-pond-air-pump.html

You'll also note that all postage is free on the UK mainland , its not a make I know but I've discussed cheaper airpumps on another forum before.
The general concensus was that they are just as good as the more expensive models so I recomend this as a first airpump they supply the manifold for the running of extra lines which is a big plus :happy:
Did you guys get much in the way of thunder lightening torrential rain and hail yesterday or did it miss Essex ?

Dave

Ask a Question