Update on new filters

Reaction score
New filters working very well, see pic for amount of algea they have caught in 8 days, water temp not got above 6 deg C yet but the dreaded algae is appearing. As the filters are taking a lot more water through them compared to my old filters it certainly cleaning everything as the water is crystal clear :)

Attachments

• 20150221_124214.jpg
    20150221_124214.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 258
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
New filters working very well, see pic for amount of algea they have caught in 8 days, water temp not got above 6 deg C yet but the dreaded algae is appearing. As the filters are taking a lot more water through them compared to my old filters it certainly cleaning everything as the water is crystal clear :)
Looks good might just get one of these willo

Dave

Reaction score
Looks good might just get one of these willo

Dave
Hi Dave, did you see the reply i sent you about the size of my zeolite containers. As ive never used this zeolite before Im still confused about how often i need to change or recharge it. Does this all depend on water testing for ammonia ??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Dave, did you see the reply i sent you about the size of my zeolite containers. As ive never used this zeolite before Im still confused about how often i need to change or recharge it. Does this all depend on water testing for ammonia ??
I do mine every three months changing the bags over willo .

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sure is a lot of green stuff, get it into your composting bin or on the gargen plant love it same with the water when you do a filter change im needing to get some of that zeolite, what do you do just place it in a net bag in your filter bays and is that the stuff that rids blanket weed that Dave54 was on about???

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Sure is a lot of green stuff, get it into your composting bin or on the gargen plant love it same with the water when you do a filter change im needing to get some of that zeolite, what do you do just place it in a net bag in your filter bays and is that the stuff that rids blanket weed that Dave54 was on about???
It takes ammonia from the water slick thats its magic quality then all you do is recharge it with salt and its dood to go again however it has to be paced in your last filter in line

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh rite at the mo the ammonia level is reading =0 (Tested last night) new moving bed k1 filter hooked up and on line, when the pond temp reads aboue 10*c will add filter starter just to give it a kick start,

Reaction score
Everything that comes out of filters goes on the veg patch, all the blanket weed gets put on my rhubarb.
My zeolite came in containers with the filters there are 4 of them they hold 3kgs in total.

Attachments

• 20150216_125635.jpg
    20150216_125635.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 223
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine has them in his filter box l never asked him what they were but now I know the more photos you post and the more information your giving about your new filter system, the more I want one, what is the max flow rate it can cope with? Because at the mo im pushing 15000 ltr ph

Reaction score
A friend of mine has them in his filter box l never asked him what they were but now I know the more photos you post and the more information your giving about your new filter system, the more I want one, what is the max flow rate it can cope with? Because at the mo im pushing 15000 ltr ph

Ive got the biotec screenmatic 12 it will handle 10,000lph acording to the manual?? but they do a couple of bigger sizes biotec 18 & 36 they can handle a lot more water. Im not sure how much water im pushing at the mo but is certainly a lot more than i was before, its definitely pulling a lot of algae through into the filters and the water is crystal clear.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for that willo will have a look at those modles, so what size pump or pumps have you got installed, I take it that you are also running a separate uv system with that filter,
I hate it when you spend good money on a big filter system and they come with a built in totall6 inadequate for the size of the pond the filter can cope with, most aren't even worth plugging in,
the pressurised units in runnig came with built in uv, s of 11watts, I was told I needed at least a 35 watt system for the size and location of my pond,
im now running the evo 55 watt fantastic bit of kit

Reaction score
Hi Slick,
The pump ive got is a oase aquamax eco classic 11500, it will pump 11,000lph. Bought pump, liner, underlay & other stuff together and got a good deal on price (y):)
I was using two 36w blagdon uv's but ones just blown and ive replaced it with and blagdon 25w unit my friend gave me, so now got 61w's. My uv's seem ok bulbs are expensive though a 36w bulb is around £50, have bought cheaper bulbs not blagdon make but there not as good. My pond is in total sunlight so the way i look at it more wattage the better???

Ask a Question