vacuum??

carmel

Carmel
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I have had my pond to two seasons and have cleaned out the gunk from the bottom with a skimmer the best i could. The sides have green stuff attached to them, which i dont mind, gives it a 'pond' look. The bottom however has accumulated gunk that i cant seem to get out. I have been told i can leave it in and it will break down..but im not too sure about that. Should i be looking at some sort of vacuum to clean it out???

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I would take it out. The vacuums are not great if it is to thick. I would use the skimmer net to get most of it out first. I use the oase pond vac and have been very pleased. Just so you know you can suck up little critters like tadpoles etc with vacs. I go in my pond so my feet make most things move first. The green stuff on the sides is very good to have. Not sure what type of gunk you have but a skimmer net should be able to get thru almost anything.

carmel

Carmel
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
yeah i kinda thought was what i needed to do...hard to get around the plants and i have rocks in the shallower end too...wanted to get them cleaned up from the green stuff....

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
yeah i kinda thought was what i needed to do...hard to get around the plants and i have rocks in the shallower end too...wanted to get them cleaned up from the green stuff....

Leave the 'green stuff', that is beneficial to the overall health of your pond.

Ask a Question