Wading Pool w/ Waterfalls

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
If you do use a skimmer
You can put the pump in the skimmer box and be done
Or keep it in the skimmer box and run a extra line over the top and add a remote suction line from the bottom of the pond pump
2 valves would let you control the flow

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
If you do use a skimmer
You can put the pump in the skimmer box and be done
Or keep it in the skimmer box and run a extra line over the top and add a remote suction line from the bottom of the pond pump
2 valves would let you control the flow

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If you want floating plants, you will have to find a way to keep them out of the skimmer while trying to figure out how to make the skimmer work without sucking in your plants.
It is a Catch 22.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If you want floating plants, you will have to find a way to keep them out of the skimmer while trying to figure out how to make the skimmer work without sucking in your plants.
It is a Catch 22.

Reaction score
I was thinking about that for the plants. I will have a bog area and a section of my setup that's part of the stream. A Shallow, low/noflow portion where I'll plant some appropriate species. I did however want to plant one pot of water lillies.The plan was to place them on the opposite side of the skimmer. The available depth of the pool will only be 10", accounting for 3" or river rock and 7" of water. I can always dig a deeper hole to house the pot. What's the minimum depth necessary for water lillies?

Reaction score
I was thinking about that for the plants. I will have a bog area and a section of my setup that's part of the stream. A Shallow, low/noflow portion where I'll plant some appropriate species. I did however want to plant one pot of water lillies.The plan was to place them on the opposite side of the skimmer. The available depth of the pool will only be 10", accounting for 3" or river rock and 7" of water. I can always dig a deeper hole to house the pot. What's the minimum depth necessary for water lillies?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
simmonspond said:
I can always dig a deeper hole to house the pot. What's the minimum depth necessary for water lillies?

It varies on the type, your weather ie tropical vs hardy. There is a thread on water plants in the forum, check it out, it may answer your ?'s.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
simmonspond said:
I can always dig a deeper hole to house the pot. What's the minimum depth necessary for water lillies?

It varies on the type, your weather ie tropical vs hardy. There is a thread on water plants in the forum, check it out, it may answer your ?'s.

Ask a Question