wall mount skimmer

Reaction score
morning guys an girls.
i need some more help
i have purchased a wall mount skimmer like the 1 in the image, my side wall of the pond is constructed from 10mm external ply and i want to know where would the rubber gasket for the skimmer go. does it go around the inside of the cut out ? does it go on the rear of the cut out or does the liner site inside the lip of the gasket ?

Attachments

• skimmer.jpg
    skimmer.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 213

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My skimmer had two rubber seals, one went between the skimmer and the liner (outside of the pond) one went between the liner and the faceplate (inside of the pond)

Mine looked likes yours, but white in color.

• Affix the simmer to the outer pool wall. Take the rubber seal as supplied in the Hayward skimmer kit, and place it between the wall and the skimmer. Place the skimmer on top of the seal and screw them to the outer wall. The screws are attached via inside the pool. You must go through the pool lining, the pool wall and then into the skimmer.

Attach the Hayward skimmer faceplate. Just like with the skimmer, place the faceplate rubber seal in between the pool lining and the faceplate. From inside the pool insert the screws into the faceplate. The screws will go through the faceplate, the pool lining, the wall and eventually into the skimmer to securely affix it to the pool.

Ask a Question