Water lily's bought at lowes.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought water lilies from Lowes. They also came in that mesh bag. I'm so upset and want to know the name of the mfg of them? My fish became entangled in that bag. One was stuck inside the bag with the netting growing into him!!! One had escaped but had scars all over him. These need to be taken off the shelves!!!! The directions say, "drop in" yeah right!!!!!! Why on earth I didn't think about a netting material in a fish pond is my stupidity but you'd THINK the people that make these would def know better!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
When I started I bought a bunch of the drop in Lowe's lily. That was 2010 and they went crazy!!! Last summer we enlarged the pond and had pull all the plants out and for a week or so they lived in big tubs. We basically dropped the hole crazy mat of lilies back in.. Done just fine.I have 3 different pinks and a yellow . Now the night blooming lily I bought in June from Trickers.. Had one bloom right after I repotted as directed and placed... Not a darn thing since... Grrrr!! The blue tropical is blooming 2-3 flowers no problem...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
When I started I bought a bunch of the drop in Lowe's lily. That was 2010 and they went crazy!!! Last summer we enlarged the pond and had pull all the plants out and for a week or so they lived in big tubs. We basically dropped the hole crazy mat of lilies back in.. Done just fine.I have 3 different pinks and a yellow . Now the night blooming lily I bought in June from Trickers.. Had one bloom right after I repotted as directed and placed... Not a darn thing since... Grrrr!! The blue tropical is blooming 2-3 flowers no problem...

Feed feed feed. To get lots of blooms, you need lots of fertilizer. (Unless you're @addy1 - she grows magical lilies!)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Feed feed feed. To get lots of blooms, you need lots of fertilizer. (Unless you're @addy1 - she grows magical lilies!)
Mine have been crazy blooming this summer, always 15 some flowers every day. Maybe it is the darn heat! I am almost positive I added a good dump of osmocote in the oil pans last fall. Going to do it again this fall. I lift the plant and pour in the osmocote, around 1/4 cup or so. Cut all growth off and let them sit until spring.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'm going back to Osmocote. I've been using the tomato spikes in recent years because they're easy, but I got lots more blooms with Osmocote.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
looks like all I had to do was talk about my night bloomers the next day there was a flower! Went out to have a morning walk around and there are 2! Lol but i. Going to see about getting fertilizer just to be on the safe side! THAnks !!

Ask a Question