Waterfall leak

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
After running the pump everything seams fine turn it off in about half hour top small portion where waterfall drops into emptied but lower portion was still full I completely drained bottom part where it drains into preformed pond. Filled upper part and added red food coloring. The red water drained into lower part. What’s the fix where the spillway rocks are i raised foundation with sand underlayment then liner flat rocks and sealant foam

Attachments

• 998AF136-0CA6-4019-98B1-6F2A79C8118C.png
    998AF136-0CA6-4019-98B1-6F2A79C8118C.png
    196.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
The foam sealant isn’t water tight, but is meant to close gaps in the rock work forcing the water up and over the rock work. While a little bit of water will always get around the foam the majority of water is forced up and over, when pump is shut off the water will slowly leak through small gaps in the foam.

You can raise the foundation under the liner more so it creates a deeper pool, but it will always drop to a certain point when water flow is shut down.

When the pump is shut off and upper pool drains, does it overflow the lower most pool/pond, so when pump is turned on water must be added to lower pool?

Either way pump should be running 24/7, other than for maintenance.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
The foam sealant isn’t water tight, but is meant to close gaps in the rock work forcing the water up and over the rock work. While a little bit of water will always get around the foam the majority of water is forced up and over, when pump is shut off the water will slowly leak through small gaps in the foam.

You can raise the foundation under the liner more so it creates a deeper pool, but it will always drop to a certain point when water flow is shut down.

When the pump is shut off and upper pool drains, does it overflow the lower most pool/pond, so when pump is turned on water must be added to lower pool?

Either way pump should be running 24/7, other than for maintenance.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
It was the first time i turned pump on see how water flowed. I turned off to work on upper weir. That's when noticed most off drainage its not leaking out of liner but through spill rocks

Ask a Question