Weird problem in my pond! Need advice asap! PLEASE!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b-4
Country
United States
Meyer ...sorry ..not trying to be a shit...Im just panicking a bit..its supposed to be 80 this weekend and I will not be home,,want the fish out of temp digs and back into pond by then

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I understand, but if you want to do this right you can't rush through it.

Clear Diamond, from what I read on their website, although a sealant for external concrete, does not mention suitable for constantly wet or submerged conditions. The use of these types of sealers/coatings invariable will lead to an earlier failure in the seal integrity than those products formulated for submerged conditions.
Marine sealants/coatings are formulated expressly for these conditions.
The photos below show a concrete pond renovation that I did a few years ago using just such a marine sealant (Urethane in this case).

Susan Jason 005.JPG
Jason After 002.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b-4
Country
United States
So...now that I've removed all the fish and started over ...i noticed that it wasn't the sealer at all...its pine pollen ..I had the fish in a 330 gal stock tank and Im getting the same yuck! Its a yellow residual crap when you drain...SO,.,,,now the million dollar question>?? add aerators/ fountains on surface like floaters ...or something else....
before I put fish back into pond....
Ive been doing a full water change every 4 days or so ...thats how fast this crap is clouding the water...today refilled the tank and have a shade cloth over it ...

what to do what to do >>>amazon?? fountains ?? whaddaya think ..

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
for pollen (of any kind) you could get a surface skimmer, or upgrade your filter & increase surface and in water agitation. IMO

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b-4
Country
United States
for pollen (of any kind) you could get a surface skimmer, or upgrade your filter & increase surface and in water agitation. IMO
what kind of surface simmer would you suggest ...this pond has no edges like that for a regular intake sort...a floating one?? and my filter is overkill...i have a hayward pool filter with 300# of sand in it..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b-4
Country
United States
what kind of surface simmer would you suggest ...this pond has no edges like that for a regular intake sort...a floating one?? and my filter is overkill...i have a hayward pool filter with 300# of sand in it..
I'm on amazon right now ..trying to find an aerator or something to disturb the surface...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b-4
Country
United States
annndddddddddd.....this is pollen ...so will a surface skimmer even work ...I thought they were more for leaves and debris etc??
Ordering today guys ....help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b-4
Country
United States
annndddddddddd.....this is pollen ...so will a surface skimmer even work ...I thought they were more for leaves and debris etc?? It won't even clean the pollen..
Ordering today guys ....help!

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
you can use filter floss in the skimmer and other fine medias. As well as the usual media, may as well throw some in the filter as well in your spare time.
As for suggestions ill leave that to someone else

DeepWater

The Great Abyss
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I thought people liked the Oase floating skimmer for issues such as pollen. I'd like to get one myself for seasonal use.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I bought a laguna aerator and been happy but if you look at all of them I found out most of the aerators are the same just different names on them and basically made by 2 companies ..
101_0915.JPG

Attachments

• 101_0916.JPG
    101_0916.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 101_0918.JPG
    101_0918.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 184
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b-4
Country
United States
you can use filter floss in the skimmer and other fine medias. As well as the usual media, may as well throw some in the filter as well in your spare time.
As for suggestions ill leave that to someone else
Well. Figured it all out. Still on the fence about a surface skimmmer filter. Ordered and aerator and resealed the whole pond. Everything is good so far. Fish are happier than flies on s@@t and that is good. Their winter condo is fine but they weren't too keen on the border collies herding them so close.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b-4
Country
United States
Well. Figured it all out. Still on the fence about a surface skimmmer filter. Ordered and aerator and resealed the whole pond. Everything is good so far. Fish are happier than flies on s@@t and that is good. Their winter condo is fine but they weren't too keen on the border collies herding them so close.

image.jpg

I bought a laguna aerator and been happy but if you look at all of them I found out most of the aerators are the same just different names on them and basically made by 2 companies ..View attachment 101225
I bought a laguna aerator and been happy but if you look at all of them I found out most of the aerators are the same just different names on them and basically made by 2 companies ..View attachment 101225
Is there a finer filter for this.

Ask a Question