Weirdest thing you found in your pond

Reaction score
I currently have a Northern Water snake in my pond. Very neat looking snake. Worried me at first as I thought water moccasin till I looked it up. He's about 3" long and been in there for a couple months now. Earlier in the year I found hundreds of Mud Puppies all no more than a 1" long. Never seen these in the wild, only know of dissecting them in Biology class as a kid. I think they are still there but not seen them. The odd is that I don’t have one frog this year and not had any turtles. If I find a turtle and put him in do you think he will stay?

Robyn

A Ponder-ing Newbie
Reaction score
Cannot comment on the pond side... but at my mothers house, she has an inground swimming pool. Weirdest so far? 1 dead deer. 1 LIVE bobcat (which ended up requiring the replacement of the entire liner after it tried to get out without using the stairs!). Yes... it is a large pool (38' x 42' kidney with a 10' deep end). LOL

BBK

Reaction score
Found a dead squirrel this spring. Poor thing probably didn't know the ice was only 1/4" thick on my heated pond.

Reaction score
The girl I work with said she saw a chipmuch swimming around in her pool and went outside and rescued it, when she got home what was in her pool? the chipmunk dead.

Reaction score
Two Boxer puppies and 2 adult Boxers. After 1 fall in each, all were much more careful around the edges. ;)

I have another adult Boxer that I can't keep out of the pond! She's constantly climbing in on the plant shelf that I'm not utilizing yet. She loves to swim so I keep waiting on her to climb in and take off...

Reaction score
When I had my "kiddie pool" pond, I found a horse hair worm in it. I had never heard of them before. It looked like a strand of hair from a horses tail. When I went to net it out, it moved! Really quite creepy!

Attachments

• horse hair worm.jpg
    horse hair worm.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 331

Ask a Question