Weirdest thing you found in your pond?

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
Came home from work yesterday and the wife tells me there is a weird purple sack thing in the pond. She didn't take it out because she didn't know if I was doing something to the pond. I went to investigate and it was one of those chinese lantern things you can get for parties. You light the candle or whatever and it fills with hot air and off it goes. Someone around the area must have had some and it fell into the pond. So what is the weirdest thing you have found in your pond??

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Giant water beetle! Absolutely hideous! Those things really scare the c--p out of me. :yikesu:
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Recently bought a few new bog plants and a week later found a 3" leech swimming around.

yuck! a lot of people soak new plants in some chlorine to kill tag a longs.

Post an introduction in the intro thread so we can give you the good old welcome!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Found a dead robin and a baby bunny in my bath tub pond. The robin had no way to get out I guess but the bunny had a floating board and a plant pot in there it could have gotten on to get out. I put that stuff in after the robin drowned. The bunny was really small tho and prolly just freaked out and couldn't get it's senses together or something. I thought rabbits could swim?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The net, true or false, says they can swim. I have only seen ours hopping

Reaction score
nothing really weird as far as wildlife or anything but i'm with pecan as i was the "weird" one in the pond when i get in on occasion to do do whatever

Reaction score
After a storm we had here on Friday, I found 2 of my patio chairs in my pond. A few years ago we had a get together at my old place and a guest didn't know it was there and stepped backwards right into my pond.

Ask a Question