well we got all the babies out

Reaction score
my family and I spent Saturday pumping out our koi pond to get all of last years babies out. It took forever getting all of them out. I would guess a very conservative guess would be 2000 baby koi 2-4in long. glad that's done for the year. Pond is still filling back up. Takes awhile to refill 20,000 gallons.

Attachments

• DSC01476.JPG
    DSC01476.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC01475.JPG
    DSC01475.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 257
Reaction score
put them up for sale, 2 bucks each. I guess we will see how many we sale. We usually sell a few hundred thru the summer, but never had this many babies.

Reaction score
I have a filter system for part of our pond that has two 110gallon tanks and one 140 gallon tank buried in the landscaping. as of now I have the water in there circulating from the last tank to the first. when the pond gets full again then I will let the pond water in one end and pump the water out of the last tank back to the pond. That way they always have fresh water going past them

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I have a filter system for part of our pond that has two 110gallon tanks and one 140 gallon tank buried in the landscaping. as of now I have the water in there circulating from the last tank to the first. when the pond gets full again then I will let the pond water in one end and pump the water out of the last tank back to the pond. That way they always have fresh water going past them

I am confused. If the two 110 gallon tanks and the 140 gallon tank comprise your filter system, where are you keeping the fish? Certainly not in the filter. Even if you were 360 gallons is not enough for this amount of fish mass.

Ask a Question