Country
United States
laughing well they like their fish!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
That first tank is VERY sad, way to large of a fish for that size tank, The true sad part of it is, You can already see how it's deforming the fish, it can't hardly turn around and they THINK it's big. Probably would be a nice fish it if it could have grown up in a decent environment instead of a shoe box.:lol:
frown.gif
At least the second video it looks like the tank is maintained and taken care of.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
makes you want to go and rescue the fish. You can see the deformity fishin that is starting, I don't.

When i was looking for a yorkie there were so many sad puppies from bad breeders, they had no clue how to take care of them. If I could have I would have saved every one I saw.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
look at the tail and head size in comparision to the body is one thing, another is the shape of the head, If you look closely at the area right behind the head this fish should be a lot larger than it is and the belly area is actually shrunk in and the fish is somehwat mal-nutritioned

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
If you look at the second video you can see the Koi, the larger fish has a good clean body, the head fits the body and has good curve to body ratio. The stomach is far better shaped, Not underfed but not fat either. The comet has really good flowing fins, almost no tears and is able to freely swim, That fish will grow to be a superb fish, I'd consider buying that comet if I walked up on it in a store. The koi won't be bad either if they get it into a large enough pond or tank soon but it's not far from starting to show signs of of going down hill.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That is a shame to see them cooped up like that. I wonder how many poor fish out there are living a life like that? It'd be like putting a dog in a 6' x 6' pen and expecting him to like it in there forever :LOL:

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
j.w said:
That is a shame to see them cooped up like that. I wonder how many poor fish out there are living a life like that? It'd be like putting a dog in a 6' x 6' pen and expecting him to like it in there forever :fish:
Thats the sad part j.w. Im sure there are more. I did an home appraisal once where the people had two adult size(although stunted) oscar fish in a 10 gallon tank, with murkey water.
When I rescued my 10 month old boxer he was cage kept all day and most the night in a medium sized cage. He had very little muscle when I got him.

Reaction score
This has got to be my single most hated thing about fish-keeping. When we were even setting up our small pond, I was telling him that if we got Koi, we'd have to sell them off once they got too large for our pond, and he told me he thought fish just "adjusted" to a smaller living space if they needed to. Rest assured I made the truth quite clear to him, lol.

Reaction score
Theres also a video on youtube
I dont know how to post it but they have 6 feeder fish in a really small bucket they call "my goldfish pond"

Ask a Question