addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We can look out of our window down on our pond, it is around 40 feet from the house, but all downhill. The underwater cam gives us the best view, but we do see them well out of the windows, 33 feet of glass, 8 foot high.. Otherwise it is a trek down the hill, good exercise lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This is the first year I am not planing anything. I expanded it last year and think I will just enjoy it this year and not work on it more than I need to!

SE18

David V
Reaction score
Need to fix a waterwheel that came apart; also add a flu to it; relocating the upstream atop a hill. A flume will carry water down to aqueduct where it will circulate and empty into canal and down cascades to pump in tiny pond at bottom of hill. Sweaty underarms just thinking about all the work to do, but payoff is in the end; flu and flume also have to be shockproof from charging hounds

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Letting everyone know about new pond pumps at lowes called smartpond pumps more energy efficient by 20 % and turn off in the case of low water all by themselves and great price and they have one you can submerse and has a built in uv

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Letting everyone know about new pond pumps at lowes called smartpond pumps more energy efficient by 20 % and turn off in the case of low water all by themselves and great price and they have one you can submerse and has a built in uv

What kind of prices are they?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
they start at 59 dollars and go up and the biggest one is 5100 gph and and is 265 dollars 3600gph is 219 dollars 2000gph is 189 dollars 1300gph with uv is 168 dollars

SE18

David V
Reaction score
just ensure the pump can handle dirty water. I purchased one from Lowes and it failed after a few days (probably not the one just mentioned). My current Aquamax by Oase pump handles particulates up to 3/8"

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks for posting that info sissy. Will be interesting to see how the reviews come out on them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I talked to a guy at lowes who bought one of those pumps a month ago and he said compared to his other pump this one works better and he checked the energy use with the meter and it uses 35 percent lss energy than his other pump .I just got back from Danville and I went to check the one I bought at lowes clearanced out .I bought it at the lowes in Martinsville and it is one of those pumps too .Gosh win win for me.I am going to check it on my energy use meter now .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
meant to ask jw did you see that casey anthony you tube video she now has blond hair cut short

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have been doing a lot of thinking as to what I am going to change, add or do to my pond this year.

1. What I would really like to do is make my pond deeper but that would mean a lot of work and I am not sure that I am up to the task yet.

2. Another thing I have always wanted to do is have two falls/creeks coming down off my hill and go into the pond, I would put the other creek/falls to the right of the current falls/creek. My vision is that it would like it would appear to come from one source or stream and split into two much like you would see in nature, they would not be that far apart maybe a few feet and it would be mostly rock between the two streams. I would like to plant a tree say a japanese maple between the two. I would have to get a new pump one that is more powerful that would also mean installing some sort of BD as I could not possible pull that much volume through my skimmer.

3. The other thing is to put a bog in but this is going to be really challenging with the way my pond is positioned and the room I have. I could do a small one where my ten foot creek is but I really like how it looks now so I don't think that is going to be an option. Still looking and thinking of other options.

4. Another thing I might do is to put a small dock in over the pond, I have a spot I would like to put this in just need to figure out How I can do it so I don't need to sink any sort of posts into the pond. I could put the dock in without the posts in the pond but there isn't much room between the pond and my sidewalk and in that space there is a drain and sprinkler lines that run through there. (should have planned that out a little better 8 years ago).

5. The last thing I will most likely do is to add some more rock/boulders throughout the landscaping in my pond and hill can never seem to have enough.

That's it I think. :ideacyclops:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Replant plants and add new of course, fill er up again and add my fishies, gotta put in new stuff in the biofilter and possibly redo my weir...would like an led lit one I think, but who knows and add some more rock ways I'm thinkin. Darn that means I gotta go camping again in kansas to get more rocks! lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Hey, Rebel Angel, if it takes camping in KS to get more rocks, more power to you! I camp and horseback ride in Shawnee. I'm thinking I really need a trip there, with the horses, and take a full day driving around and going to places to pick up rocks. Farmers would love me to pick rocks out of their fields. LOL Otherwise, I'm going to have to find a creek bed in the area, wait until later in summer when it's dry, and hope for the best.

Ask a Question