What does your pond look like ... Today?

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Well, I can see the waterfall stone, and I can see the hole in the ice where the aerator is bubbling madly away......other than that it's just a white wasteland out there. Minus temperatures (C) for at least the next week.

I'm going to go get an anti-depressant now...................

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
This will be interesting to see how long it does take for you guys w/ all this snow and freezing weather sticking around up there in the Northlands to disappear ..........................I'm so sorry for you all. When is the normal time each year that you usually are free from it all?

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Last year it was around 15C, this year it's around -6C.

Now I need another anti-depressant.....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
This will be interesting to see how long it does take for you guys w/ all this snow and freezing weather sticking around up there in the Northlands to disappear ..........................I'm so sorry for you all. When is the normal time each year that you usually are free from it all?

Last year I was 100% ice free by April 5.
Not going to happen this year.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Significant change today. the pond is 100% thawed! It'll probably get a layer of ice next week, but nothing that wont melt soon after.
DSCN4328.jpg

Don't be fooled by the sun. Its actually freezing out and windy.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You got a lotta fish in there now Tmann. Sure is a big difference in the winter when there is no color.

Reaction score
That is really cool! I wish we had lizards around here. I think there are 3 species in the state, all rare, and all across the state from me.

They are a huge pest here (iguanas and chickens). I let my kids chase them out of the yard and sometimes the dog eats them if he can catch them. I had a lot of problems when I first started up the pond because a really big guy used to sun in the tree above the pond and poop in it.

The iguana in the picture is a common green iguana, like what you would buy in a pet store. We have two rare species found only here, the blue iguana and the rock iguana. The blue is very cool.

Ask a Question