What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
had friends that had a pool and thought it was cute 1 year when a mother duck had her babies by there pool and the next year they returned times 30 of them .They had to really do something as there salt water pool was smelling funky .Cost them almost a thousand dollars to get rid of all the ducks .They had to hire a wild life guy to relocate them and stop them from coming back .Now 10 years and no ducks have come back

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They usually can't land with the net up over the pond, I have it off working on cleaning some of the junk out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have had occupy wall street ducks :( I knew if they had babies here there would be a problem. So between me running around like a crazy lady swinging a broom and my chihuahuas doing what Chihuahuas do best they were never comfortable enough to make our yard their home. But they still stop by here and there and sometimes spend the night on my floating island. This year when I got out side to do winter clean up I found 3 old eggs in various locations throughout our yard. Come to think of it I found one in the bottom of the pond last year too. Weird.

Need to be careful I guess if we ever have an easter egg hunt back there! Poor kids might find rotten duck eggs.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Everyday my pond looks better and better. Ice isn't thicker than 2" now, though it will lose that progress next week. I also did my first pond project of the year. I ripped out the cattails I had in my wet plant area (bottom of image) before they take it over. I think I might save that area exclusively for Horsetail rush.
DSCN4304.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I had cattails in my pond, they do take over quickly. I pulled them out and put a few in a bucket and put them back in. Easier to control. I like cattails.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have cattails, they survive but do not thrive. While out grooming the bog and pond, the blue forgetmenot is growing like crazy, parrots feather showing buds, same with some of the floating plants.
Water is a toasty 38 degrees.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Bummer B.S :(
It could be worse tho..............you could be Mitch :)
He says he won't see his fish till July..........well maybe a bit sooner than that :whistle:

Ask a Question