What does your pond look like ... Today?

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
Horrible
My always crystal clear pond is all of the sudden a cloudy, bubbly mess.
I posted about it and am looking for answers

Attachments

• 20190327_101049.jpg
    20190327_101049.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 20190327_101055.jpg
    20190327_101055.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 99

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Horrible
My always crystal clear pond is all of the sudden a cloudy, bubbly mess.
I posted about it and am looking for answers
Could just need a little fresh water and run off the bubbles threw an "overflow" if you can? I freshen up my ponds by running fresh water in through top pond and overflow out though bottom pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Here you can see the "Fab Four", it's so nice to see them again :) I don't have all the winter set up removed yet, but getting there. This poor little frog.......I keep thinking it's dead, but I scoop it up, it moves slowly, so will leave it be.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Today was a good day. Getting the pond settled in this spring has been difficult. I've been very busy and there's been a lot that's needed to be done. I had some time today, and the weather was nice, so I got to work. As you may or may not know, I had leaks in both of my hoses thanks to voles. The first hose was easy to access and replace, but the second goes under my waterfall and to my bog, and I feared I'd have to dismantle my entire waterfall.

As it turns out, I didn't have to. I was able to get the old hose out. Instead of routing the new hose back under the waterfall, which would've been difficult if not impossible, I decided to route it out of the pond where my waterfall hose already goes, around the back of the waterfall, and down into the bog stream. It worked out better than expected, and next time I need to replace the hoses, I can be happy in knowing that it'll be easy. I also now have the option just to take them apart and bring them indoors in the winter if I choose to.

IMG_8785 copy.jpg

You can see the hoses stick out of the water just a little bit, and I think it actually looks better than how I originally had them. I can set a plant there to cover it up like I have before. My log waterfall to the right will be out of order this year. It's too rotted near the end to make it work, so it'll be just be there for decoration this year, as well as helping to hide my hoses.

IMG_8786 copy.jpg

While I didn't have to take apart the main part of my waterfall, I did have to move quite a few small rocks around, and now they're all back in place. and I have a little extra room to plant a couple plants by my log.

IMG_8787 copy.jpg

I also moved around some pots today, and I still have some decisions to make as far as that goes. I had originally planned to test my water today, as its long overdue, until I realized the test kit was expired and I didn't have time to go get another one. I'm hoping to take care of that on Saturday. Those of you who were in my Fish Bumps topic know I had a fish with dropsy and I was also missing a fish that I assume had died. I found the missing fish, and it was indeed dead. I found it when scooping some of the muck on the bottom of the pond. I'm sad about that because it was by far the largest fish in my pond and one of my favorites. The fish with dropsy has now gone missing and I can't find it. I am sure it tucked itself somewhere and died, but I cannot find it anywhere and it's driving me crazy. I'm thinking it may be in the mess of waterlily roots. I'm hoping I can find it. A third fish, which some of you recall appeared to have carp pox, does not appear to have gotten any worse, which is good news. I am hoping things are starting to take a turn for the better.

Lastly, my bog plants are beginning to grow. Marsh Marigold and Blue Flag Iris are just beginning to show signs of growth. I had quite a few birds fly in and drink from the bog while I was outside working. A goldfinch flew right up next to me and didn't seem to mind that I was there.
IMG_8763 copy.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just had the sneezes and runny nose, now nothing. Spring is no different than any other time of year.

Ask a Question