What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer , I'm glad things are falling into place and you were able to make the repairs without having to dismantle the entire waterfall.

I'm sorry for the loss of your favorite fish :( It's so encouraging to see new growth pushing out of the bog....Spring is here !

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My bog is greening up growing quickly.
Capture.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have a lily flower bulb .IU just saw it this morning .I have been busy all night trying to catch a wild cat .I am guessing it is a male and he attacked orange peel my male cat and tore out some hair on him .I am guessing some one dumped it off .2 males unrelated will fight over territory .Momma is the mother of orange peel ,no name and tigger and princess and will defend his territory and his momma and brothers and sisters .I had momma and princess fixed .Momma was a cat my neighbors got and they neglected her and she had the 4 kittens because of it

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have to get some pictures of my pond, been busy with my sweet mother who is making a startling and astonishing recovery from last stage 7 dementia. People all over are shocked from the hospital to the old folks home.... will have to write about it on my thread....

Weather is not too bad and I did plant early spring flowers around pond and I have next week off so will try to be more active on this forum.... Flat Earth research took lots of my time lately but now that I learned everything about FLAT Earth and the obsession over FLAT earth is not so bad, ha ha ha. At first is was a great shook to my system as I used to believe in the globe but now I am more educated and happy to know the earth is actually an "infinite Plane" with 33 other lost continents beyond the ice wall....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Picture from this morning.
The ground is still frozen here but I think the pond can still thaw and dry out before the June rains come.
I think I'll only need a few days to get the bentonite mixed in and a topsoil/gravel cap installed.
Getting the plants I want in time could be iffy.
We'll see.:)
I should probably start a separate thread soon.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Picture from this morning.
The ground is still frozen here but I think the pond can still thaw and dry out before the June rains come.
I think I'll only need a few days to get the bentonite mixed in and a topsoil/gravel cap installed.
Getting the plants I want in time could be iffy.
We'll see.:)
I should probably start a separate thread soon.

View attachment 119740
Looks quite and pretty with the colorful sky. Can't see where the pond is. Hopefully things will melt for you soon. I have pretty hardy flowering spring plants around my upper pond now.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
You've been busy with your mom, but I took out the liner last year and made the hole a bit bigger and bought some bentonite to mix in so all I have right now is a hole in the ground. The hole is to the left of the birdhouse on a pole.
I brought in all my fish to an aquarium in the greenhouse.
I transplanted some kale from the greenhouse to outside last week but when I dug down found frost after only 4 inches.
The bentonite came from a mine near Medicine Hat.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have only looked at my pond in passing it .Just no time for it or energy for it

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat looking big black and orange one.

I checked out our ponds, The big pond, fish wise is doing great. The 1000 gallon pond, found the net torn, my huge orange shubbie, about 6 years old, three fan tails and some of the large white and black shubbies, some of the other shubbies all gone. I think the heron visited sometime while we were gone.

Most of the fish in these pictures are gone. I had three beautiful fan tails in there. You can see two in the first picture.
IMG_1423.JPG
IMG_1422.JPG
IMG_1421.JPG
IMG_1420.JPG

Ask a Question