What does your pond look like ... Today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The net might just be to keep herons from eating the fish. You can put a wider weave net over it, higher up. Mine is a 4 inch weave about 3 feet over the pond, draping down on the sides, over the big pond. Stopped the heron from snacking on my fish.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A few pond shots.

The lotus tub

IMG_3311.JPG

lilies big pond
IMG_3314.JPG

Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG

lilies hot tub pond
IMG_3316.JPG
IMG_3320.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've been having some bog flowage issues this year. I can turn off the waterfall valve and have all the water go to the bog and it flows just fine, then I turn the flow back on to the water fall, and over the course of about 24 hours, the bog slows down to almost no flow again. I dug down just a little bit and it doesn't seem that the pea gravel is overly dirty and clogged, so maybe it's plugging inside of the PVC, which would require serious bog construction. Unsure as of right now what I'm going to do.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Could your pump be losing power? Can you get a snake into the bog lines see if you can push it through without issue?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Could your pump be losing power? Can you get a snake into the bog lines see if you can push it through without issue?

I don't think the pump is losing power, but I don't know. It seems like the water is just finding the easier exit, which is the waterfall. I'm not really sure there is a way to do much of anything other than dig it up.

Can you describe your bog construction a bit? Is there a way to reverse the flow?

There isn't. I didn't really construct it in that type of way.

DSCN4683.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Bummer............mine dead end, didn't put in any clean out piping, but I think because I do not pull water from the bottom of the pond and have a leaf basket any large debris does not make it into the bog piping.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I don't think the pump is losing power, but I don't know. It seems like the water is just finding the easier exit, which is the waterfall. I'm not really sure there is a way to do much of anything other than dig it up.

There isn't. I didn't really construct it in that type of way.

View attachment 121310

So it flows fine when you turn the waterfall down, meaning it's looking for more pressure. But it doesn't instantly slow down when you turn on the waterfall, just gradually. That's a puzzler... where is your pump in relation to your bog? And is the waterfall on the opposite side of the bridge?

Ask a Question