What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Actually, combined with a heavy rain last night and another day of filtering, the water is clearing up nicely. I can actually see fish 1-2' below the surface.

Attachments

• PXL_20240508_161416391.jpg
    PXL_20240508_161416391.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20240508_161401597.jpg
    PXL_20240508_161401597.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
My irises are probably still a week away.

Irises maybe have the greatest disparity between beauty and bloom duration :(
I've got 3 blooms that appeared on a Yellow Iris inside the pond, the other one in the pond has no blooms yet, and the Yellow flag in the bog no blooms but very vigorous growth. a bit ironic cause the bog gets 4 hrs of sun, and the one inside the pond gets dappled sun and maybe an hour of direct. but still time i guess

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I took my Iris all out, they were being mean to my rocks and kicking them to the curb! Have some in a container outside of my pond now. Not blooming yet tho. Think they are a dark purple, very pretty!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well, I think all the work I've been doing on my pond has caused a leak, and I believe it's probably in the form of a puncture, but I'll have to determine that as the water level drops (I filled the pond back up today). It seems to be below where I was working on lowering the one edge, so I don't think the problem is there. I think it happened when I was pulling out pots on the other side of my pond. This is a new problem for me so I'm not sure what I need just yet. I see Chewy sells EPDM pond liner patches so I think I'll probably go that route if/when I'm able to find the leak.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well, I think all the work I've been doing on my pond has caused a leak, and I believe it's probably in the form of a puncture, but I'll have to determine that as the water level drops (I filled the pond back up today). It seems to be below where I was working on lowering the one edge, so I don't think the problem is there. I think it happened when I was pulling out pots on the other side of my pond. This is a new problem for me so I'm not sure what I need just yet. I see Chewy sells EPDM pond liner patches so I think I'll probably go that route if/when I'm able to find the leak.
Darn leaks, I have one but it is because of sunken liner w/rocks on top. Yesterday I filled pond and kept filling till it overflowed in one spot. I know where it is anyways but fixing it is not a nice project.

Hope you have a nice easy fix!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I know I said I didn't really want to tackle this leak thing w/the liner getting squished down in the dirt by rocks but I couldn't stop thinking about it on my bike ride. So came home and removed a bunch of rocks off the liner and boy was it sunk down! Good thing I didn't cut off excess liner when I installed it as I have more than enough now to fix the issue. Filling w/water now to see if this was the only area w/any issues. I sure hope so! I'll let it sit there full of water and wait and see if it lowers anymore. Then I'll put rocks under the liner edge to hold it up and then rocks on top again. Plants will all have to just fill themselves in again.

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Seems like my pond has stopped leaking around the 3" mark, so the puncture has to be somewhere on the wall. I looked around a bit for it last night but haven't found it yet.

IMG_6915 copy.jpg

Ask a Question