What is your weather like ... today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
We had wind 30-40 mph all day yesterday, and highest gust reported was 63mph. It was wicked out there.

I spent about a half hour today cleaning up all the sticks and branches that fell. I didn't mind it though, it's sunny and 50°F today with only a breeze. It feels great out!
That weather on Friday was INSANE. We've had windy days, of course, but this one was the most damaging in recent memory. The restaurant two blocks away from me completely lost all the roof facing, so there were big red sheets of aluminum scattered all over the street when I was driving home last night. A couple store signs tipped over... a lot of people lost electricity during the afternoon... and also I think every remaining dried-out leaf in the yard managed to end up in the pond, too--I pulled a couple big clumps out of the skimmer net and I have some scooping to do tomorrow. Today was nice, too--high 50s, nice enough to take my nephew to the park this afternoon.

Tomorrow: 41 and cloudy. Back to seasonal weather.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That weather on Friday was INSANE. We've had windy days, of course, but this one was the most damaging in recent memory.

I agree. There have been many windy days, many days with strong gusts, but I can't remember anything like what we saw yesterday. I didn't see any damage around here, other than hundreds of small sticks and a few branches in my yard, but the news reported quite a bit of damage.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They say it is raining here but I was outside working in the sunshine and they said there was a heavy fog this morning and it was sunny then too .It is getting a little cloudy now and time for a coffee break .I had to build an insulated frame for around my hose that empties the dirty water from my whole house water filter .Since I am doing the decks over and have the boards up it is the I might as well get that done too .I just have to put gravel around it .I got to use some of the old deck boards for it .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sunny 50 today, then snow sleet freezing rain coming until wednesday, so they say.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They say tonight into tomorrow here .It is cloudy but warm out .It was 50 out early this morning .I had to go get propane and groceries it says 55 right now .Came back and they are out there trimming Marty's other trees and there is Marty bitching at the guys .To bad they took out the power and should never have been planted under the power lines .I am surprised he did not yell at me when he saw me because he blames me for everything that goes on around here .When there is traffic on my road when I first moved here he told me it was my fault .When the developer was building here the noise was my fault and he called the cops and they came here and asked me about the noise complaint .The cops just laughed and left .They said they just wanted to make him happy .Marty is the one who sold the land to the developer .It is rural here so noise is noise no matter what time it is .I stay away from him .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The good stuff is on the way for the rest of this week.................yes the sun is coming w/warmer temps too :LOL:
Good cuz guy is coming to put more bird block attic vents under our eaves for better circulation tomorrow. The builder did not provide enough when house was built.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
mine has continues venting and had to add attic insulation a couple of years ago .5 feet of it that sunk down to less than 3 feet until i went up to fluff it up to increase it's insulation values again .I think I put in 62 bags of blown in insulation

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Is this something like you have sissy? All along the ridge on top of roof.
crv_1.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
on the roof I have vents but under the soffits iit is continues .I wanted an attic fan and there is one in the center one There are 4 of these on the back of my house

Attachments

• decks getting done 004.JPG
    decks getting done 004.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 130

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Sunny... 85 F.... flowers blooming everywhere...! I could have stayed in that greenhouse all day!!! :D Outside it's about 31. Went to the garden center this morning to start setting up for spring. About 14 acres of pure heaven!
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my baby ducks from webbs fishy say who you be

Attachments

• baby ducks -pond 002.JPG
    baby ducks -pond 002.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 124
  • baby ducks -pond 003.JPG
    baby ducks -pond 003.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 146
  • baby ducks -pond 004.JPG
    baby ducks -pond 004.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 149
  • baby ducks -pond 011.JPG
    baby ducks -pond 011.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 146

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I walked by the 1000 gallon pond to check on the fish, didn't see any but a frog jumped into the pond.
53 today, groomed all the front yard ornamental grasses. hauled them by tractor load into the back yard to dump in the woods. The critters love to live in the grass dump.

Ask a Question