sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I loved Puerto Rico ,stayed there 16 days one time and 10 days the second time and got to see the real place since we went with friends that had family there .Ate fruit I never heard of and Pepe got tired of me yelling stop I see bananas .

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I loved Puerto Rico ,stayed there 16 days one time and 10 days the second time and got to see the real place since we went with friends that had family there .Ate fruit I never heard of and Pepe got tired of me yelling stop I see bananas .
LOL I'm looking forward to it. It was so last minute because I've got family going and they had a extra room at the condo. It's only going to cost me airfare.
Well that and all the rum I can drink. :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was there when all the sailboats came in and Maria had to go watch the hunks .Back then you paid 5 dollars for a cab and he took you anywhere you wanted to go .She also liked the hotel we stayed at because they had beach boys who served you no matter what you wanted from the hotel bar or kitchen .I had to laugh because she would drink a little and spill the rest out on the beach.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
15 degrees this am.................60! tomorrow. then snow possible Monday. Checking the bees tomorrow for food stores, life, health etc. At 60 they will be out, but will be testy, as they will be looking for food that does not exist.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
45°F right now, expected to hit 52°F today but windy, possibly up to 50mph later today.

They said this morning was supposed to be rainy, but so far it's been sunny and the radar shows that there's no rain in the immediate area.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Did any one see on the weather channel about the predictions of weather for March .It is supposed to be colder here for March as compared to other El Nino years .I hope they are wrong but JW will be happier because up her way it will be warmer for March .I guess we will see .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
There's that old sun poking through the dark clouds again. Rained all night and more to come.

Maybe we should all go to Cuba now that Obama is kissing up to their leader now?
It's warm there and maybe he can get us a cheap flight

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yesterday it was 57 when I left for work and VERY windy. This is a huge heavy metal wind chime, over 4' long, and when it "rings" I know it's over 15 mph, when it blows sideways like this I had to look, and it said we were having 26 mph winds, so no clue what the gusts were. Whew! Finally laid last night around 8 p.m.
003.JPG

This morning, beautiful and seems to be 70 already but actually in the 50's. I'm heading out to do my "fall cleanup" in the spring, which I like doing better in the spring. I like to leave everything in the fall so leaves and so forth catch at the bases of the plants to help insulate them from the cold. I'm sure the sedum has emerged, and I need to cut down the few ornamental grasses I have. Getting cooler next week, but afternoons all above freezing for the next 15 days. In 29 days it's first day of spring! Loving this weather.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We had wind 30-40 mph all day yesterday, and highest gust reported was 63mph. It was wicked out there.

I spent about a half hour today cleaning up all the sticks and branches that fell. I didn't mind it though, it's sunny and 50°F today with only a breeze. It feels great out!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
We had high winds yesterday, too, but not nearly as bad as yours, JB. I think the wind speeds were 26, not sure what the gusts were. Sunny, light breeze, and 73 here today. What a beautiful day. I spent about 6 hours outside cleaning my landscaping/flower beds, pruning things that needed to be cut off (sedum, hibiscus, irises, etc.) and got maybe 1/3 done, but I piddled around, didn't go like I was trying to get it all done in one day. LOL Killdeer birds, red winged blackbirds and my little song sparrows were singing to me while I worked. Didn't need a radio, loved the nature sounds. I was surprised the red-winged blackbirds were back already.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
68 today Just beautiful. I got out the mower and mowed! in february. Mainly to drop the level of grass where missy does her business and also mulch up the leaves that fell last fall.

Then cut ornamental plants, raked, used the tractor to push back the woods, checked the bees, 5 of 8 hives needed sugar, they were out of food. A good beautiful outside day!

Ask a Question