What is your weather like ... today

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
"Reno has had 81 days in a row without rain as of Saturday, meteorologist with the National Weather Service Dawn Johnson said"............. But after hearing about flooding in parts of the country I'll not complain.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
humidity has been so high here that mushrooms are growing every where and yesterday heat index was 107 and today they are saying higher .The dog days of August are upon us .Funny thing the deer are eating the mushrooms and so are the rabbits .Wednesday will be at Duke Hospital all day

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I see the squirrels here but have not seen them eat them yet .I put tubs of water out for the deer to drink and shallow ones out for rabbits and stuff .Seems like they are drinking a lot these days so put fresh in every day .Gosh I hope they are not hiding them any where here .We only see the black squirrels here mostly .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OMG, Mrs. Clem! That would be awful! It's hard to bring the pumps inside, once they have been "established" a long time. My cords are all under plants and vines along the outer edge of the pond, which is great, as it hides them, but awful when you are forced to do pump repairs outside. Glad you got your pump going again, though!
Rain settled in early this morning. I see weather.com is calling for up to 3" before it ends on Tuesday. North of me, at one of our State Fairgrounds (IL has two, no clue why ...), there was severe flooding, the camping area was under 3' of water. Can you imagine the insurance claims to be filed? Or, worse, if people don't have their campers insured??? :( Animal barns were under 1-2' of water as well. Straw bales were stacked up so people could get to their animals. Pretty sure animals were all moved out. Fair closed for couple of days to try to save everything. And, IL is still without a State budget ... this really didn't help matters. :(
Good news, though, is that during this rainy day, I allow myself to take a break from my outside activities (building chain link fence, weeding, watering, etc.) to watch movies (Netflix) and cross stitch (the second of 3 Christmas stockings for my daughter, SIL and granddaughter. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I agree, Sissy, I have mushrooms growing here, too. So strange, for August. I've never seen such a wet August before. I love to see green all spring/summer/fall, though. Just hate that so many parts of IL were flooded this past week. 4-6" of rain falling in an hour will do that. :( I planted some extra elephant ear bulbs around my birch tree, and mushrooms have come up around the bulbs. This is my black eyed susan plant I grew from seed that this mushroom is coming up around. The EE's are in the same area, under the same tree. Not sure if it's the tree, the mulch, the bulbs, or combination of all that is causing the mushrooms to grow!
mushroom and henry eilers black eyed susan.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know here when ever it is very humid and hot they come up .No rain needed for them to come up .We have had some heavy rains but no flooding around me .The creek across the floods bad but does not get up to the road .If any one buys those lots I feel sorry for them

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Its going to be a high of 84 tomorrow! In Dallas! In August!

Let me put it this way. I've seen it snow more often down here than this happening!

mark-dance.gif

17188-Cookie-Monster-Happy-Dance-animated-Gif-.gif

happydance.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
The rains started here late Fri. night, and as of first thing this a.m., I've had 2.6". It's pouring at the moment, has been a steady fairly heavy rain all morning. Supposed to get another 1-3" before it ends sometime tomorrow. Lots of flooding going on in this area. I'm super thankful I'm not farther north (by only 75 miles) where the State Fairgrounds received 4-6" in a very short period of time middle of last week, and flooded the campgrounds. Vehicles and campers were sitting in over 2' of water. Barns were flooded where animals were housed. It was awful! I didn't get any rain out of that storm!
Temps are cooler, but humidity remains high ... well duh, it's raining! LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
humidity here is 97 percent again and started some work out side and gave up .Any one need something for there pond Dr Foster and Smith has free shipping no minimum order SHIP2ME is the code .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Severe t storm last night, wiped out our wifi box, one bright bolt, crackling............gone. Luckily only the wifi box was killed. Working off our hot spot until we can get it replaced.

And still hot here...............

Ask a Question