What is your weather like ... today

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
It's been cold and wet here all summer so far.
There are mushrooms growing in the forest that I've never seen before - some the size of dinner plates.
Sitll haven't taken the snowblower off the tractor, lol.

IMG_6320.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Ha, at this time of year i'm starting to eye the pile of firewood that needs to be split and stacked on the deck...
Who knows, maybe we'll get summer this year in August/September...
But my pond usually starts freezing over in October so that's probably wishful thinking.:D

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sending our heat your way..................129 heat index today, 96 actual.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
86 is pretty hot for us today and I enjoyed it but then I was watering again. When I started trimming stuff later the heat let me know it was not going to let me get off that easy. Felt like it was 100 while working!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
We are supposed to get rain every day for the next 7 days. Rained last night, but less than .1", so that didn't add up to much. We, too, have had perfect amounts of rain this summer. I water my hanging baskets every day unless get .5" or more, but that's normal. But, the grass has to be mowed every 5 days at least or it looks like it needs to be baled. LOL
Lots of flooding. Our IL State Fair had flooding, WI State Fair (my sisters are all up there) also had flooding this week. But, rain for a week in August? Yep, I'll take it! I love green grass, and always hate it when I mow in August or even July and the dust and crap blows into my face because it's usually so dry.
Found where both of my ponds were leaking and remedied the issues. Koi pond bog has my major mistake - didn't leave enough liner on the edge. Over time, the liner has "sunk" besides, so now I have to be watchful or the water goes over the edge. Opened up the overflow areas to lower the level, and that fixed that mess. The goldfish pond was also losing water, so removed all the "overflowing" plants on the back side of the bog, and evidently since they were hanging over the edge, they were siphoning water along with them. That pond is holding water again, too. Whew, because I noticed an 1.5" hole right next to the goldfish pond, so worried something that dug into the ground may have also pierced my liner. I'm thinking it's a snake. Wish I had a trail camera to watch it and see what it really is! I have no woods/trees close by (within 1.5 mile in every direction), so no chipmunks, squirrels, etc. I've had huge water snakes in that pond, so guessing one has taken up residency in this hole. BUT, they don't dig the holes, do they? What could have dug that large of a hole/tunnel?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
98 here with index of 115. Was going to do a small amount of yard work early and then found a pond pump not working! Changed it out but it had been down for probably 20+ hours so it smelled like a dead animal! Lots of snail eggs and tadpoles. 2 1/2 hours to clean and restart. Luckily it was in shade but still----

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
127 heat index is what we max out at, 98 actual

Right now 114 index, 95 actual

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't know how you folks with the heat do it.
I think if it was me, I would sleep during the day and get stuff done during the night!
I finally started cleaning the basement! nice and cool down there, arranging all of my bee, pond, garden stuff that can't be outside. I need a bee shed desperately!

Ask a Question