j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hope the box you have to replace is the cable companies and not yours @addy1 . Could have gone much worse by zapping everything in your home and you, yikes! Glad you have that hot spot.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is ours, we don't rent the suckers. Fried it big time, also took out the pond cam, hopefully just the transformer
right now in a big storm pouring, wind, 8 inches a hour, one inch in the last 15 minutes.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had the whole house surge protector put in both of my circuit breaker boxes .I got hit a couple of years ago because the electrician did not put one in both circuit breaker boxes .It is an investment worth while .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Could not even see the woods, the rain was falling so hard, the woods were whited out. Hopefully we will be back on line tomorrow, so glad we have the hot spot ow totally down. It quit working during the storm, the phones quit the wifi hot spto quit everything quit.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hold on to dear life and keep it all turned off till they say it is gone! Wish I could have seen it. We never get those big storms here. Maybe better off we don't or our stuff would fry too. We can have electrical storms that fry things but not very often and not that severe.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Rain rain RAIN! OK, enough is enough! I keep track of rainfall on my calendar ... yep, I'm anal that way. Since late Fri. night when this last batch of rain started, until I got home from work today at 6, I have had 5.1" of rain. Still raining now, and weather says thunderstorms this evening, then changing to "steady rain", which is what it was ALL DAY LONG today! I saw that my area, the average rainfall for August is 2.75". Including the other rain I got on the 1st and 2nd, I've had 7.3" so far this month, and it's only the 15th! Of course, it could totally stop after tomorrow, too, which would be normal. Ditches are full, roads had water running over them in 8 spots when I left for work this morning, 4 of those spots I've never seen water go over the road before. It wasn't deep, just went slow through them. The roads are crowned, and the water was not more than 3-4" deep on the edges where the tires were. Made me look like a speed boat, though, driving through it.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
OMG, Mrs. Clem! That would be awful! It's hard to bring the pumps inside, once they have been "established" a long time. My cords are all under plants and vines along the outer edge of the pond, which is great, as it hides them, but awful when you are forced to do pump repairs outside. Glad you got your pump going again, though!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Had to replace pump. The old one was hot but even after it cooled down , it wouldn't start. I have a 35 gallon barrel in my basement with pumps that have been used stored in water. I actually used a new pump I had on hand. Not sure what caused the failure. Pump wasn't plugged.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Heavy thunderstorms here right now. Thankful for the rain but there have been several close lightning strikes. Once its over, will check ponds for problems. 70 this morning so opened windows for 2 hours.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They just said, on the news, we had the hottest July on record. August is leaning that way also.

I would be under the bed if I could fit :eek:
I love watching the storms!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We had the most days over 90 here .Last time we had rain was last wednesday .Just humidity and dew keeping things green and mowed at 6 pm and grass was still wet even after all day of no rain and lots of sun .Humidity has been over 70% and at night temps. go down to 70 degrees but feels 90 degrees and humidity goes up above 90%

Ask a Question