What is your weather like ... today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Beautiful weather this weekend! Called for lots of rain at the end of the week, and it all came during the night Fri. night, got 1.8", then it cooled off and was wonderful. Between yesterday and today, I fixed a glass plate art piece that had come apart, weeded 2 flower beds (pulled cone flower seedlings and grass out), wire brushed and washed my little metal patio set (table, 2 chairs) and spray painted them, then I dug up some of my irises, divided them, cleaned them up, and transplanted some, and will give away or sell the others. It makes me feel so good to get little things marked off of my "to-do" list!

I've been in the middle of putting up a chain link fence in my back yard, and will be getting back to that this coming week. Neighbor is bringing over his skid steer maybe tomorrow evening, and I'll use that to dig the rest of the post holes. I bought the fence and posts (with concrete attached!) from a school in town, and it's heavy duty stuff, not light weight like you would buy at Menards/Home Depot! But, because it's so darn heavy, it's hard for me to handle. I have all the gates and corners put in by hand digging the post holes, and 2 short sections of fence, but the rest will have to be done by machine, or I'll be working on it still this winter! LOL

This year has been perfect with rainfall here! The only things I have to water are my hanging baskets, which need water unless we get 1/2" daily! Everything else is green and beautiful still. Grass needs to be mowed at least weekly, better if I mow every 5 days. I'm loving it! I don't remember ever having to mow my grass every 5 days all summer long like have been doing this year! But, I don't mind, as I love to see green grass.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
we need rain but so far none only thing keeping grass alive is the dew .65 this morning

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I feel like I am cursed my truck is now dead and the battery is new motorcraft one bought in January .I think by the sound it may be the starter or the alternator .Every time I do something good I get bit in the butt by bad luck .My old mower I gave to a family that I know so they would not have to hand mow there yard .I give so much and it never works out for me .I take food to the animal shelter and blankets and toys .I give to gods pit crew to help disaster areas .I give plants and fish to people ,I help neighbors but why is it always me that gets stuck by the bad bug .:(
You know what they say, Sissy.... No good deed goes un-punished! :rolleyes: Hang in there!
John

Almost forgot; 45 F when I got up this morning, now 74!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well at least it was just the battery in my truck and battery was still under warranty .Hopefully nothing electrical in my truck that caused it to die .850 cold crank and the meter only showed 21 cold crank when tested

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
The leaves on some trees here are getting a slight tinge of yellow... But my dang tomatoes are still rich green!! :rage:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We need rain also, the grass is brown, the leaves are falling off the trees. Fall will not have a great dump this year.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
how true but at least i have the new extreme blades on cubby and boy do they chop up the leaves that are falling off the trees now .I have had to water just to keep the trees alive

Ask a Question