sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We are supposed to get rain today but we will see .I want to watch the snow artists on the weather channel .One of his art works in snow took 40 thousand steps to do .Going to be interesting.Got news I am going to be a great grandma again and it is a girl by the sonogram .Wyatt will have a sister

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
The snow is here. They're predicting 3-5" over the course of the day, and of course is the ONE day in weeks we have to leave the house to meet up with friends. Not looking forward to the "OMG it's snowing!" stupidity on the roads this afternoon.

thumbnail_IMG_4752.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
The same pattern plays out every year. The first snow freaks EVERYONE out, including the forecasters. Like this is new in Chicago or something.

A couple years ago when we had that ridiculously snowy winter, by the end of January if the forecast called for another 6"+, people were just shrugging it off and getting the shovels ready.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I don't know where I posted today's weather but I did. Guess I got sidetracked trying to help kenneth fix his weather banner. Oh well anyway they are still trying to make us believe that we are going to get snow here tonight or tomorrow. I can see it up in the hills right now but nothing down here at 300'. Was sunny, now dark clouds. Looks like more rain to me!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
First accumulative snowfall of the season here. 1" so far, and maybe another to come. Not much but the first snow is always notable. This stuff is heavy and wet, too.
Next week is expected to be a cold one. After decent temps in the 30's Monday and Tuesday, highs in the 20s are expected for at least the next 5 days, with lows in the teens. More snow possible next weekend, we'll see what that turns out to be.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We might get some by the end of the week, at home, might.

Still in the 40's and 50's

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thick fog this morning .I could not even see the chihuahuas in the back yard when I let them out .Now the sun is out and already 41 degrees at 10 am when I looked

Ask a Question