j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I don't really want to attract them to come here. I'm afraid my neighbor who grows crops to sell will shoot at them like he's done before. Guess he's allowed to do so to protect his crops according to the county cuz he relies on the income to survive.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
63 and beautiful here, rain coming again tomorrow. Fish chasing like crazy.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I had a few bubbles in my pond this morning its the second time in the last week.
I must have a few frisky koi

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have more than a few, been watching them chase like crazy. Sort of fun to see which is a gal and which is a boy.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
when I plant I plant the 3 sisters corn, squash as cover and green beans as the climber and have had pretty good corn doing it that way for to many years than I can count or want to count

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Addy, I always had problems with bugs that would lay eggs, then eggs became worms in the corn. The stink bugs will do that, Japanese beetles, too. When the corn pollinates, there are hundreds if not millions of bees. If you are in the garden when corn is pollinating, you will understand. It only happens for maybe a day or two, but the buzzing is loud! That is necessary to make the ears. But, when the ears get silks, BEFORE the silks start turning brown, go with a hand sprayer and liquid Sevin mixed up for corn, and spray the tops of the corn cobs, the silks. This will keep the bugs from laying eggs, and your corn will have no worms in it. You can spray from the outside and go to the next row or even 2 if you're really good and set your sprayer to do a stream rather than wide spray. I've done that for years and had the only corn with no worms in the township. Well, that was when I could grow corn to begin with!
Just looked for our weather for tomorrow, since they are still saying severe. Looks like just about a 3 hour window, from about 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Says strong storms, but the winds are only around 13 mph, so it's not wind, just going to be heavy rain I suspect. There goes my idea of spreading pasture mix seed this weekend. Darn it! I should have taken off today to get it done. Been so windy have not been able to do it yet. Oh well, there will be another day. Hopefully they are not talking many inches of rain. Oh, just looked at the details, strong thunderstorms, damaging winds, large hail, possible tornadoes. YUCK! Maybe I will tell them to keep my car inside and work on it all day tomorrow. LOL Thinking the tranny is crapping out ... at 100,000 miles I guess I can't complain too much. Hopefully only needs fluid and new filter.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Country, the stink bugs don't lay eggs in the corn, they suck the juice from the kernels right though the husk. I had no worms in the few I checked, but the kernels stunk like stink bugs and were all shriveled with holes in them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Gosh just looking at the weather channel and hoping country and others are fine that were in the storms way and hear there are more severe storms forcasted for today .I saw Branson and some areas of other states including Illinois all the way down to Alabama .I hope evry one is safe and going to be safe after todays storms

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Just looking at the weather map, looks like that red and yellow and orange storm cell is north of Interstate 70, which seems to divide storms in this area. LOL I'm south, but work in Effingham, which is "the crossroads of the US" since Interstate 70 (E/W) and 57 (N/S) intersect in that city. Guess I'd better get my butt to work!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
good luck be safe country you never know with these storms .I don't want to find you and your car in my back yard .Storms are on the other side of the mountains here but they will be strong enough for me

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I hope all of you are safe that might be in the path of those destructive storms. Heard Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Alabama and maybe more states involved. Terrible devastation shown here on tv about it. Keep safe and I'll be praying for all of you and your families, friends and neighbors!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Gosh I have been watching weather channel and there was a bad one in southern Indiana so hope country and others there are .Saw one in Alabama and Kentucky that had tornado's also .Hope hope everyone is safe .The pics are terrible

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Those are some horrible storms, sissy, hope they are ok.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yeah that one in southern Indiana is about 1 hour south west from me. We had the storms move through here around 3:30 and now it is just very very windy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I got lucky, too. Storms with large hail (quarter size) went through just north of me this morning before I left for work. Where I work, Effingham, got pea size hail, so that was nothing. We got a downpour but it didn't last too long. I think since I'm 7 miles south of Interstate 70, my house and property didn't get hardly any rain, at least that's what I'm hoping. It got very cold and windy this afternoon. I was really enjoying the 60's the last few days, darn it! I hope everyone else made it without any damage as well!

Ask a Question