j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pouring rain here off and on all night. Might flood the Stillaguamish river below us. When that happens we are stuck up on our hill till the water goes down.
No where we want to go anyways so will just take my umbrella and walk
walkinrain3.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well it's official, can't go anywhere today driving!

The Stillaguamish River at Arlington has reached major flood stage, with waters covering several local roadways. Haller Park is inundated with water, SR 530 is closed at Twin Rivers Park, and the Dike Road has swift-moving water over it.
Do not drive through water covering the road, and comply with road closures!
1701799074684.jpeg

1701799196839.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well it's official, can't go anywhere today driving!

The Stillaguamish River at Arlington has reached major flood stage, with waters covering several local roadways. Haller Park is inundated with water, SR 530 is closed at Twin Rivers Park, and the Dike Road has swift-moving water over it.
Do not drive through water covering the road, and comply with road closures!
View attachment 161488

View attachment 161489
I see your advice is falling on deaf ears. Speaking as someone who goes to work in any weather. It always amazes me seeing people who are totally unprepared for situations. And what's worse is not even knowing so.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I see your advice is falling on deaf ears. Speaking as someone who goes to work in any weather. It always amazes me seeing people who are totally unprepared for situations. And what's worse is not even knowing so.
Some people at times think they are invincible...............I've been there myself and when I look back I realize how dumb it was! Not worth losing your life over getting to the other side even if it is getting dark and the cats are still outside and the coyotes will be there soon for dinner!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Put my aerator in the pond today since it's 50°F out and I wanted to deal with it on a warmer day. I'll put the heater in when it's necessary. The pump's still running and based on the long-term forecasting, I might be able to keep it going for at least most of December, maybe longer. We're looking at temps trending in the 40's for the next two weeks.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No pond breathers yet, need to do eventually. Have had a few light ice coverings so far.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well thought I would catch up and wish everyone a HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND A SAFE AND HAPPY ONE FOR ALL . I don't get on much since I have started the work on the house . Started the new insulation in the basement floor joists now , trying to finish the front porch and also painting my doors on the outside of the house .Just got a new freezer so transferring everything from old chest freezer and giving it away . Man talk about scared bringing that freezer home tied up in the back of my truck standing up .Wind was the major concern . It was gusting at 30 and 40 mph . It took me over and hour to get home because I had to keep stopping to check on tie downs . The open hills were the worst with the wind , open fieds have grown since the idiots are cutting down the trees for these stupid solar farms that are not even for us and owned by CHINA . Cut down trees that clean the air , THAT IS STUPID for solar panels and huge solar poles to carry it to where ever it is going . Along 58 over 3 thousand acres cut down for miles back . Then Gretna over 1 thousand acres and Climax so far over a thousand acres . Here in Axton over 3 thousand and still going . To me it is a con game of nothing but crap

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
by the way WOW JW THAT IS SOME FLOODING . We need rain here , still fire ban and been dry and warm . Hamerstemann it looks like a pond already . How do you dig with all that water in it . Been cold here at night but been in the 50's and 60's during the day here with plenty of sun . But this wind has been here for 3 days now . It has blown over more trees in my woods behind my house .I cut some down and cut then up but can't burn them . You can see how rotted they were from the beetle bore disease . Some of the skinner pines just crumbled in my hands . Geeze never thought at 70 I would be doing this much work . BE SAFE JW AND ADDY AND GOOD LUCK ON THAT DIGGING HAMSTERMANN . You are right GBBUDD being prepared though is not always easy .. When my basement was built I had a storm shelter section done in it . Basement walls 12 in block with 18 foot deep footings . Inspector was shocked to say the least . I guess since my parents had a storm shelter I wanted one when i moved south . We have had 2 tornados here since i moved here and both were in Axton and only 10 miles from my house . 3 in Danville also

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
by the way WOW JW THAT IS SOME FLOODING . We need rain here , still fire ban and been dry and warm . Hamerstemann it looks like a pond already . How do you dig with all that water in it . Been cold here at night but been in the 50's and 60's during the day here with plenty of sun . But this wind has been here for 3 days now . It has blown over more trees in my woods behind my house .I cut some down and cut then up but can't burn them . You can see how rotted they were from the beetle bore disease . Some of the skinner pines just crumbled in my hands . Geeze never thought at 70 I would be doing this much work . BE SAFE JW AND ADDY AND GOOD LUCK ON THAT DIGGING HAMSTERMANN . You are right GBBUDD being prepared though is not always easy .. When my basement was built I had a storm shelter section done in it . Basement walls 12 in block with 18 foot deep footings . Inspector was shocked to say the least . I guess since my parents had a storm shelter I wanted one when i moved south . We have had 2 tornados here since i moved here and both were in Axton and only 10 miles from my house . 3 in Danville also
Thanks for the well wishes and Merry Christmas to you! All the flooding that was near us is gone. We can get off our hill now and go about our business. Others around us further away are still dealing w/the mess.
You might want to turn that storm shelter into a bomb shelter the way this world is headed!
Keep on doing all your building and stay as young and healthy as possible as long as you can. If you stop moving you muck things up :joyful:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have been getting heavy rain now with thunder storms . They say we will get wind again . OH how I know JW a body at rest for to long begins to rust .I am painting my doors to match my shutters but now every thing is on hold because of rain . In between rain I get things done outside because it is really warm out . I mounted my tv in my new shed and was going to mont the antop antenae but it started to rain again .The antop antenaes I got at the flea market for 15 dollars brandnew for both of them . I have a bigger one in my kitchen . They are better than zito whch is the internet tv we pay for, 86 channels antop antenae brings in . I made a dust cover for the tv in the shed . I figured if i cut wood out there it would keep the tv dust free

Attachments

• DSC06044.JPG
    DSC06044.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC06045.JPG
    DSC06045.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 5

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds like us w/all that rain you are getting! Raining again today and got pretty wet yesterday too on my 2 hour walk. I'm so used to it tho nothing that gets thrown at me will stop me.
Hope your antenna works great for you. At first when I read that side of the box of yours I thought it said Smart Ass,lol! We have to have Xfinity here or we get nothing and all the other ones don't work well. So we pay! I call them every year just before our contract runs out to get them to reduce the price. Always works so far!
Hope you get some dry weather to continue your work. Hubby here is waiting for it too so he can get busy on our deck again!

Ask a Question