sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
zito sucks , we had chatmoss cable a local owned company and it was great . Never had any issues with it and the guy who owned it only lived half a mile from me and was from PA . But he decided to retire and sold it to zito and they are from PA also . I used to pay 49 for cable tv a month and internet I signed up years ago with century link and I still pay 14.99 a month because it was a bonus that they offered and brightspeed took over and still honor that offer. Had them since 2004 . Son pays for his business internet 49 dollars a month . With cable at first through zito it was always going out because of the fiber optics they claimed . But at least zito internet tv is better but costs more 55 dollars a month for seniors ontop of the 49 my son pays zito for his internet so he has the speed he needs to run his business. I am fie with brighspeed , I don't need the alot of speed for what little i go on the puter

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Went out to check out the Geminid meteor shower for a few minutes. Didn't expect to see anything in that short time but I saw four in about five minutes! Looks like it's a good one tonight.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well 25 degrees this morning again , but gets up to 55 degrees around 1 pm . so I get outside painting on front porch done then . I am sanding all the spindles out there also .All 4 doors are painted that lead to outside . basement has double doors so painted them inside and outside . Hoping at least the weather holds up for a little while longer . had to show these new gates a freind I know built them for a horse farm . 2 gates will have electric to open them . They are each 20 feet wide

Attachments

• DSC06050.JPG
    DSC06050.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC06036.JPG
    DSC06036.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC06037.JPG
    DSC06037.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
Well 25 degrees this morning again , but gets up to 55 degrees around 1 pm . so I get outside painting on front porch done then . I am sanding all the spindles out there also .All 4 doors are painted that lead to outside . basement has double doors so painted them inside and outside . Hoping at least the weather holds up for a little while longer . had to show these new gates a freind I know built them for a horse farm . 2 gates will have electric to open them . They are each 20 feet wide
The gates are amazing! Fingers crossed for good weather for you.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Raining here this morning in the low 40's. Looks like it will not be a white Christmas for us. Chances are always very slim but now and then it does happen.

@sissy Very cool gates, now get back to work :joyful:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
got great news yesterday in the mail because Governor Youngkin gave seniors more tax money relief . Rebate check back and my taxes went down from 1 thousand 20 dollars to 962 dollars a year .since we are both over 70 years old and we were not notified of taxes being lowered 2 years ago we got the refund check with the apology letter . I guess they missed a lot of people because my nieghbors Jane and Bill called me and told me they got the same check . We had to sign for them . It matters when you are retired . Glad someone is looking after seniors .Checked with the county just in case and they told me it was a refund on missed tax payers in the county and it was mostly because we live near the county line . Axton area is in 2 counties . I have to admit I was surprised . I guess better down than up :):)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
got great news yesterday in the mail because Governor Youngkin gave seniors more tax money relief . Rebate check back and my taxes went down from 1 thousand 20 dollars to 962 dollars a year .since we are both over 70 years old and we were not notified of taxes being lowered 2 years ago we got the refund check with the apology letter . I guess they missed a lot of people because my nieghbors Jane and Bill called me and told me they got the same check . We had to sign for them . It matters when you are retired . Glad someone is looking after seniors .Checked with the county just in case and they told me it was a refund on missed tax payers in the county and it was mostly because we live near the county line . Axton area is in 2 counties . I have to admit I was surprised . I guess better down than up :):)
Wow nice Christmas present! Wish our state would think of us seniors. Just throw more taxes at us here.

Well at least the sun has decided to come out and warm us up for the next few days.
Will be nice walking and working outside weather
sun0076.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If only JW the government cared about seniors , Sad to say . They work for us and get paid by us and now I call that stealing from us

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
We’ve had eleven inches of rain in the past week, with more expected today. Since the soil is sandy, it drains away quickly. I was a little worried about pH changes in the pond, but the rainwater tested at 6.5 and the pond stayed at 7.8, so all is well. I’m just glad it’s not snow!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We’ve had eleven inches of rain in the past week, with more expected today. Since the soil is sandy, it drains away quickly. I was a little worried about pH changes in the pond, but the rainwater tested at 6.5 and the pond stayed at 7.8, so all is well. I’m just glad it’s not snow!
Wow 11" and I did hear about it on the news! We have sandy soil up on our high hill but I'm sure it's not as sandy as where you are. We get a lot of days of rain here, just not all at once like many do in other parts of the country.
I'd rather have snow but no white Christmas for us this year
girl_cry12.gif

kitty waves.gif

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Long-term temperature trends still show that our temperatures are still going to stay warmer (around 40°F or warmer for highs) for the rest of the year. Looks like I might be able to keep my pond pump going into January.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Looks like temps might be trending downward towards the middle of the month, so I might have to start thinking about finally shutting down the pond for the season.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Maybe snow maybe not this weekend from up to six inches to nothing but rain

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's snowing. We have a little over an inch. I went out and took the net off the pond. Looks like I'll need to get the pond heater in sometime this coming week. Temps near 40 for the next few days and then it drops to the teens by next weekend. :cold:

Ask a Question