JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's been nice out all day. Still not bad out tonight, so I went out this evening to take a look at the sliver of a moon. As I was walking back toward my house, I starting thinking about the months and months I spent trying to see a bright starlink satellite train all last summer. I never did get to see one. But as I was thinking about this, I decided to stop and look up for the hell of it. I knew I wouldn't see one, of course.

So I stopped, looked up, AND I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. :ROFLMAO: After months of actively trying to see one, I actually finally just saw one by pure random luck! A big, bright train of satellites moving through the sky! I don't know how it's even possible that the timing worked out that well. The frustrating thing is that because I wasn't out there to look for one, I didn't have my tripod, so no photos. :( I even had my camera, but it's pointless at night without a tripod for a long exposure.

When I came back inside I looked at the tracker, and sure enough. This is the one that went over just about a half hour ago.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 202953.png

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's cold. 33°F Apparently we've got snow coming. Various forecasts are calling for different totals. Anywhere from 2"-6"
Go figure we had almost nothing all winter and now we're in spring and snow is forecasted :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Done now here w/wanting snow. Got a real nice few days of 70f temps and full sun, Was nice bicycle riding times. Now back to clouds w/rain coming. 49f now and cloudy. Sun was fun while it lasted!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm just hoping they get this one wrong. Potentially as much as 9" of snow in southeastern Wisconsin, and at rates of possibly more than an inch per hour. :cry:

nwsmilwaukee.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm just hoping they get this one wrong. Potentially as much as 9" of snow in southeastern Wisconsin, and at rates of possibly more than an inch per hour. :cry:

View attachment 162281
I don't even want any of it at this point and I love the stuff! I'm all into having nice warm Spring days from now on. Hope you have power and can post photo's if you get a lot.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We ended up with about 4"-6" total. Hard to tell because some of it melted as it was accumulating due to the warmer ground.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wonder if the snow/cold will be good for your spot you burnt? Give it a good refresh start or?

It won't have any affect in relation to the burn itself. But cold weather always slows down growth, so this is just a typical early spring thing.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Lots of gray days lately. Hoping it will be clear for the eclipse but so far the extended forecast has been holding its rain prediction for April 8th. Still a ways out so hopefully that will change.

Ask a Question