What is your weather like ... today

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
OK, uploaded it to YouTube, so here it is. Notice the windmill spinning around in crazy fashion, then I zoom in on the purple irises blowing from left to right and then the small tree just behind them blowing from right to left. Pretty crazy, huh? I guess the way the buildings are in my back yard, it created a vortex of wind. :)

Nice storm, CE!(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
We had a rainy day here today. All day long nice light rain. Had some chilly nights in the upper 40s. But warming back up to normal for the weekend.
New project for me right now. I have a little dog that I ended up with that has some serious issues. Trying to befriend him. He has been absolutely terrified. He has been here since Sat afternoon. I have yet to touch him.
Baby steps.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Awe poor puppy Haver79!! Little puppy lucky to have found you!:)

I can smell the rain tonight, so it must be raining not to far away, hoping it makes it here too!

Worked to death as usual at work, it's our May long weekend (Canada ) so store was busy. May long weekend is a week early this year, so it feels a little strange cause usually the May long weekend is on the 24 the of May.

Need a large glass of dark red wine before bed.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Got my feet up and max relax inside my Gazebo by the pond, with nice clean burning heater fire, having glass of wine and watching all my colorful solar hanging lanters blow gentlly in the cool night breeze. I still can smell the rain.
20150515_004215.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
WTG, Haver! Four years ago I found an 8-10 week old pup that someone dumped here, too. He was scared to death of me. It took me 10 days to get him to the point of being able to look at me and not have to look away. Once he got past that point, he found he loved humans ... ALL humans! He is a joy to have around, best dog ever. He loves to be petted, but then will go lay down, not bother you to death like my Bostons do. I think he just was the shy pup in the litter, and no one ever took the time to befriend him. He had no issues of ever being beaten or anything like that. He loves my puppies when I have litters, VERY gentle with them, I call him Uncle Yukon. :)
This pic was when he was still too afraid to come out from under the couch side table.
Yukon coming out of his shell.jpg

And now all grown up!
Yukon on his BIG bed 2.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well time for me and rest .Sister got injured at work .Patient in hospital shoved one of those heavy tray tables at her and it hit her leg and knee and she could not drive so back and forth to her house and doctors and then hubby had doctors appointments and then trying now to catch up on yard work and pond .Seems like it never ends here .Cool day yesterday and today .So far stayed at 60 degrees all morning .Kinda chilly for me .But at least it was not that 90 degree weather we were having .I remember when yukon showed up ce and you took him in and loved him and made him safe ..

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Awe CE, Yukon sure was a cute fat puppy!

Sissy it never ends, so much to do and so good of you to help out your sister too.

Well finally we got a few sprinkles of rain just now, not enough to wet the ground though, maybe more is coming.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Colleen I think all of us older people are always busy .We pick the slack younger people won't do .Not saying all of them but it seems these days all a lot of them think about is texting instead of talking to some one .I would rather hear there voice .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I am guilty of texting, although I love to talk on the phone, too. I used to be receptionist, and I didn't care to talk to anyone on the phone when I got home from work, since I talked all day at work. Now it seems everyone is too busy to call, except my Mom, who refuses to text. LOL
Yep, Yukon showed up the same day PondKid came with his goldfish he wanted to get rid of. He drove here from St. Louis area with the fish, and then he helped me coax Yukon into the garage, so I could get him into the house. It sure helped that I had other dogs for him to follow.
Sunny day, clouds, lightening, light rain showed up about quitting time at work, 4:30. Looks like I got maybe quarter of an inch. I love that my plants and flowers have not needed to be watered for over a week. I did, however, put fertilizer water on all my blooming plants and flowers, and new things that got planted in the last couple of weeks. Plants get spoiled around here, not only the animals. LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
This pup wasn't a stray. My daughter has the litter mate to this one. Complete opposite. The owner got a divorce and was moving back to Australia. Begged her to take him.
Said he was needy. But we had no idea as she left him with her the afternoon before she flew home. This guy is 2 years old. Half pom, half papion. A cutie but extremely timid.
Never had another home. He only came out of the crate to eat a tiny bit and potty for 3 days. By potty I mean pee pads. We put him on a leash that first evening to take him outside to potty and man oh man what a disaster. Poor guy. Just starting to come out of his shell. I'm working on it but have not been home enough.
Sorry this is off the weather topic. Might have to start a new thread with the dog saga in the chat section!
The pond really needs my attention right now too and my daughter is getting married at the end of June. Having a bit of stress right now. :confused:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol we wander in these threads! type where the day takes us. Good luck with the wedding and the pup. I rescued one from the pound years ago, poor thing had been beaten, 1.5 years later he would take steak from my hand. A little sheltie.

Doing the rain dance, we are so darn dry. Have a CHANCE for some today.

Ask a Question