What is your weather like ... today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Haver, feel free to post your updates about the little dog. It takes time, some never come out of their shell. My pup was young, just needed to learn. Had a dog that was kennel raised, never out of her small confines, made puppies year round for her owner, and when she was given to me, she would not be petted for ANYTHING, unless she had newborn to 2 day old puppies. That was the ONLY time I could pet her. However, she would follow me around, wanted to be WITH me, just didn't want to be touched. Hubby went to touch her once, and she bit him so fast it was amazing! It was like she didn't mean to, it just happened. Sliced open his thumb. I would not let him go near her after that. Had her on a leash once, she sat right next to me, but there was the look in her eyes that said she did not 100% trust me. I just let her sit there, near me, for well over an hour. Never got the guts to touch her, but that was ok. We had an understanding. She was a little wacky, and had a pup that was just like her once, too. Teeny tiny, people begged to take her when she was only 5 weeks old. She was eating dry puppy food, so I let them. They wold me a year later she was exactly like her mother, sat under their chair at dining table, but would not allow them to pet her. They still loved her dearly, though. So, go figure. LOL
Rainy weekend, but not amounting to much accumulation wise. So, 80% chance of rain only means it will rain, and it did yesterday, less than 1/2 of a tench of an inch. :) Same thing today, just a misty wetness, not even totally wetting the deck, and wind blowing. Hoping to get to mow this afternoon.
Some pics of my ponds and flowers blooming here. My back yard is filled with purple right now ... Caesar's Brother Siberian iris are in full bloom. I started with 2 plants 4 years ago, and after sharing them a LOT, and splitting/moving them to other parts of my yard, I have lots of purple showing up here. Sad that they only last a week or two, though.
Goldfish bog has some other Japanses (I think) iris that are a very pale lilac, plus the CB on the far end.
goldfish bog.JPG

Koi pond with top of stream in the foreground.
koi pond.JPG

Bottom of waterfall looking toward the koi pond. Never can remember the name of those purple flowers. Seems like there are two or three plants that have similar flowers. They bloom a long time, though, and if you cut of fthe dead/spent flowers, they rebloom!
pond edge flowers.JPG

Stream with pansies and sedum
stream and pansies.JPG

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Wow everything lush and green there CE!!! Looking awesome! !!!

We finally got a bit of rain and now it is cool again. I planted stuff out front about a week or little more ago and some of it got frosted and the deer ate my tulips this year really bad. ..

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well 2:30 and 87 degrees so called it quits with working outside .Way to hot and sun was baking me .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Looking great CE. Purple is my favorite color in the garden. I will update about the pup.

Cool morning here. Mostly sunny but a chilly 46 this am. Only getting up to upper 60s today and windy of course. I have the day off and need to add water to the pond. I drained about 30% yesterday and need to finish refilling so was hoping for a warmer day.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hot and I decide to buy a truckload of mulch and so far half in the gardens and half on the truck .Needed a drink it is so dry out .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Waiting for it to warm up a bit more, it was very frosty last night. Right now it is about 48 degrees (9 Celsius ) Finally day off and need to get lots done. Stiff and sore from working so hard at work. May long weekend always very busy and we sure sold tons of fresh hot dog and hamburger buns over the weekend. I worked super hard keeping shelf full, now I need to find some energy to work on front yard.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
99 heat index, miserable, grass is dieing, wild flowers wilting, seedlings dieing. I can't water enough to keep the acres alive.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
89 and not sure what the heat index is but sun is hot .All the mulch done on part of the hill but have to get another truckload ,but not today .I should have done this weeks ago ,but to many things to do back then .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Storms missing us again................. dry hot dry hot dry hot

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep back home, I can't see it, something on my computer blocks the gif, so I have no clue if it works or not. I can see nobodies weather gif.
My weather station is working, sometimes it does not transmit to weatherundergroud where the gif is from. Goes off line, I get an email telling me it is off line, then it pops back on line.

Right now off line i.e. the net, even my weatherlink is not updating, it is transmitting, just not getting out onto the net. I have not bothered to figure out why, it can be off for seconds to hours. Probably comcast............lol

Ask a Question