sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We had another big heavy pounding rain storm last night .It is still raining light this morning and we are supposed to get another heavy downpour .I left water out of my pond .The concrete mixing tub was empty yesterday .Water is a mess in the pond .Big stock tank is getting water .I had it covered during the first storm with a big piece of plywood

Attachments

• storm pond 6-2-15 015.JPG
    storm pond 6-2-15 015.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 92
  • storm pond 6-2-15 012.JPG
    storm pond 6-2-15 012.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 99
  • storm pond 6-2-15 007.JPG
    storm pond 6-2-15 007.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 104
  • storm pond 6-2-15 019.JPG
    storm pond 6-2-15 019.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 161

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Nj had fish in the streets .We are getting heavy rain again and it is only 8:30 am so guessing by the looks of it rain all day .Well I did want rain ,so I won the rain lotto

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Rain rain and more rain.
We have had more rain since 6/1 than we had for both the month of May and April. Catching up on that liquid gold falling.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Had to work morning shifts last two days and not used to mornings since I mostly been working evenings. Had a little rest and now I have to clean house.
Looks like we are supposed to get big bad thunderstorm maybe this afternoon or evening. Clouds are gathering and I am hoping we get hard rain to knock those caterpillars off the trees! I think they are just about dome and many are cocooning now.

Cleaned the gazebo good and hosed it all down yesterday cause spiders and caterpillars were driving me! Then I hung up nice thin curtains and took heavy ones down cause it is suposed to be hot next few days.20150604_215007.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sun coming out for the first time this week, but the rain has been great! we needed it so bad.

The pond dropped to 62 with the cold days and nights we have had. The temps are climbing back up now. from the mid 50's to 80's.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Had to work hard at work tonight. The outdoor Garden Centre where I work got robbed tonight. They made off with whole cash register. Nobody was hurt.

Garden coming along nice and this year no pea green water in little front yard pond. I think it is cause the overhanging trees were cut down so nothing falling in that little pond no more. Now I need to get rid of trees hanging over my big ponds.

Today we made it to 80 degrees. By Monday we should be in the 90's!! Time to get a pool! !

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It's supposed to be heating back up here tomorrow. Yesterday the rain had finally stopped and the sun came out so I got some work done on the new filter. Came in for lunch and before I could get back out it was pouring down rain again! It kept it up most of the afternoon. I know we needed the rain but 10" in one week? My small pond up front and my lotus tank and fry tank are overflowing as are the ponds.

Ask a Question