addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I usually cut mine back in october, this year cut them back early, don't want to take the chance the pond will ice over before we get back and leave all the rotting leaves etc in the pond under the ice. The tubers will be fine, they were slowing down, pond water is down to 64 or so

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I usually cut mine back in october, this year cut them back early, don't want to take the chance the pond will ice over before we get back and leave all the rotting leaves etc in the pond under the ice. The tubers will be fine, they were slowing down, pond water is down to 64 or so
You are in Maryland, Tara is practically next door to me. Huge difference!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
[QUOTE="peter said I think I might get a freeze in the AM.:( It's super cold right now.[/QUOTE]
It's going to be close to freezing here in Medicine Hat tonight, down to 33 Fahrenheit or 1 degree Celsius. We will be fine. First frost does little damage cause foliage still on trees will provide shelter to ground below, and ground is still warm . The worst frost falls in spring (just when tender new plants are set in ground ) but the cold ground and open skies with little tree foliage above, that's the worst frost. :(

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Your Wunderground widget must be malfunctioning.;)
[QUOTE="peter said I think I might get a freeze in the AM.:( It's super cold right now.
It's going to be close to freezing here in Medicine Hat tonight, down to 33 Fahrenheit or 1 degree Celsius. We will be fine. First frost does little damage cause foliage still on trees will provide shelter to ground below, and ground is still warm . The worst frost falls in spring (just when tender new plants are set in ground ) but the cold ground and open skies with little tree foliage above, that's the worst frost. :([/QUOTE]
I'm lucky! once the wind stopped temps started to rise, had a decent cloud cover woke to temps warmer than forecast or expected.:)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We are back and forth with temps. here up down up down wow fuzzy pic

Attachments

• build stuff - pond 2015 110.JPG
    build stuff - pond 2015 110.JPG