sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I lost both my parents in 86 and mother in law and dad in law 1 year apart from each other .Mom on fathers day and dad the next year on mothers day and I was very close to them .I wish I had them around at times when i need someone to lean on .At least my younger son still lives with me to help

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My honies mom died, then his dad passed two weeks later, 64 years married.
My dad lived 8 years after my mom passed.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just wish my parents had not died while i was pregnant with my second son ,it made it hard .I loved sharing my first pregnancy with my mom .March they were gone and July 28th I had Robert .My mom was so hoping for a girl but i told her it felt like another boy

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I lost a sister at 38 you always wonder what would have happened if it had not happened. Loss is always hard, but it is part of life.

Beautiful today btw, 76 low humidity, perfect.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Had a nice walk this morning. It's a little chilly with temps of 48 degrees, but not too bad once sun shines on you and if you can stay out of any cold wind. Nights are getting colder but no frost so far in sight.

I have not been on my computer for quite a while now, since I updated it to windows 10, it's more confusing than ever! So if I have spelling errors it cause am typing with one finger on tiny cell phone....

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have delayed as long as possible installing windows 10 on this thing .We have been rainy and wet here .Been over 3 days of rain now plants love it but i am getting nothing done and want to find the leak in my pond .I am going to replace the waterfall pond liner and make it higher to see if that will work .I have not seen CE on lately either and wondering if everything is OK there also have not seen rebel on either .They are starting to worry me

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I don't know where they are, maybe they are busy enjoying last few nice days before winter...

Speaking of winter, I am convinced that we won't have much of a winter this year. No frost by now for my area is unusual. Then many plants that normally bloom in spring are now being reported by many people from around town, since I reported the local news paper's story about a apple tree blooming couple weeks ago. Now I have an Iris blooming right now? Plants think spring is here! And that big plant in background is my massive Castor Bean!! Biggest Bean in town! ! The seed was from like 12 years ago!
20150927_104948.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had a castor bean but after hearing how poisonous it is I cut it down and dug up the roots .Not sure where it came from as it grew here after I was doing the grass .So guessing a seed came from someplace .But I do not want to risk my doggies getting hold of any part of it or it spreading .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hubby's looked it up and it says it takes 11 seeds to kill a dog and only 5 or 6 to kill a human. It takes at about 80 seeds to kill a duck? Apparently ducks are sort of ammune. I can't see puppies eating big hard seed, puppies eat crab apples and sweet cherry tomatoes and carrots from garden. Hubby says he will pick all the seeds and I will keep puppies away from that front walk. We usually don't go that way out front when I have puppies, we cross on other side over the grass from back gate directly to my truck. I will keep an eye out just in case .

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We had torrential rain. Like 9" of rain in about 4 hours. Luckily I had just cleaned the sunroom and topped off the pond. Sooo both flooded. It is trying to dry out today but well played Mother Nature. Well Played.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It stopped raining and i tore every thing apart at the pond and then it started to rain again so had to quick put it back .Waterfall filter is out in the yard and liner just went back to keep mud from washing into pond .Of course the electric was out early this morning

Ask a Question