What is your weather like ... today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OK, you all, have you EVER seen a spider web apocalypse? My whole yard was covered in webs! I had to walk through one to get out my sliding glass door. The horses even had webbing on their backs. I've never seen this before, but it happened overnight.
001.JPG

004.JPG
006.JPG

008.JPG

And the sun coming up through the fog sure added to the mystery! This all should have happened on Halloween! ;)
012.JPG

70's first 4 days this week. Woohoo!!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Never had very many kids either. About 20 kids came by, even though I sure tried hard to lure them! Ha ha

Kids mostly in Middle Income areas that have lots of nearby schools. Here there is an old school across the street but it's not a school anymore.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@CountryEscape - we've had that happen a few times. VERY CREEPY! It must be weather related somehow to make them all go on a web frenzy at one time. Or maybe it was a big hatching of babies that were trying out their web skillz?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
It rained here last Thursday, and was VERY foggy this morning, so all webs were "glowing", I get that! Tonight, it's foggy again, and I went out with a bright flashlight, and some of the webs are still there. I purposely destroyed the webs on the deck planter, so will see if they are rebuilt tomorrow morning. We had such dense fog this morning until almost 10 a.m., that in town, you couldn't see if the traffic light was red or green until you were to the intersection. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Unreal ce, I don't like webs.

Here it is raining, up north snowing alot temps below normal now. Sitting around 70 during the day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sunny and in the low sixties yesterday and today. Tomorrow is supposed to be nicer. The fish will appreciate the water being a few degrees warmer. That should show in the evening feedings.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
rain rain and 65 degrees and I am trying to work on cutting and putting up the center post on the pergola and decided the lights will be led light kits inside mason jars

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Wow that was a crazy amount of spider webs CE! Never before seen that many webs!
Weather is really not too bad, right now about 50 degrees. It's crazy to have nice weather like this in November. I still got roses put front blooming and water lettuce in the ponds I covered with plastic dome. No snow, no snow in sight, going to breeze thew winter and before I know it spring will be here!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
now have to add side braces .I wish i had more time to get both done but yard has to be mowed also and pond needs tending

Attachments

• pergola and diane and mike 005.JPG
    pergola and diane and mike 005.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 150

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hey no joking but I had to go to the post office before and had to stop up at my neighbors house and tell him his cows and horses are out .He just put them in that field and it looks like someone cut the fence to me .I don't mind cows as there poo is great fertilizer but horse poo not so great to many weed seeds in there poo .Or cow pies and horse pies

Ask a Question