What is your weather like ... today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
We had a wonderful steady rain yesterday, got 1.25" out of it, and that was perfect! Ponds are full, and temps were still pretty nice, in the 60's yesterday. Tonight supposed to go down to high 30's but decided it was time to bring in the more fragile tropical plants, so got that done this evening. I only have the Spindle Palm left outside, but it will be fine, with temps only getting to be 38. It got one branch frosted a week ago in the hard frost, but the rest look fine. Also have an Aloe plant and Mother-In-Law's Tongue plant, and those did fine through the last frost, probably because the plant is up against the house on the east side, under the eave. The elephant ear in the same spot, farther down the deck is also still fine.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am having no luck my sister stopped by a new place last night that just opened and they had given flyers out at the hospital about there healthy foods so she bought 2 Greek salads and brought me 1 and we were both at urgent care this morning along with others that bought salads there .The health department showed up to interview every one and took the sample i had left of my salad along with 2 others that had some left .They said they were going to the place to check it and it was decided they would close it until they find out what happened .Opened yesterday closed today.I wonder how many more people got sick .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I sure won't and neither will a lot of other people .Shame because it was a great idea and great prices .But not sure yet what happened could it have been caused by a bad salad mix or something that was in the salad .Feel bad for the place because it really may not have been there fault .My sister really felt bad because she bought the salad .Not her fault either

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful here, mid 70, 55 or so at night. Sun out soft breeze. Winter always was beautiful, makes you forget the hot summers.

Getting colder at home, temps drifting down

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
warm but raining and can hear the race in Martinsville .I watched the weather channel and funny thing is they say this side of the coast has been warmer than normal but our weather people are saying it has been colder than normal and that the frost we had has been the earliest one yet .So who is right .I think they are trying to give us a false sense of hope .Good thing is the rain bad thing is the rain is holding up the building of my pergola .it sits on the deck half built and wet .Bu nothing I can do ,since I can't work on wet wood

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Snow forecast for just up north of us.
Here dropping to a COLD 65. Later in the week

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well first weather report said rain only today and tomorrow morning but has changed now to rain most of the week .I have the parts of the pergola covered to try and keep it dry so it can be lifted without all that water weight

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Weather was just beautiful last night for Halloween! I was out and about lurking in bushes scarying small children! Ha ha ha right now it's almost 75 degrees (about 18 Celsius ) That's what my outside thermometer says right now.
20151031_201943.jpg

Attachments

• 20151101_095824.jpg
    20151101_095824.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 115
  • 20151030_194210.jpg
    20151030_194210.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 20151031_202527.jpg
    20151031_202527.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 128

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Weather was just beautiful last night for Halloween! I was out and about lurking in bushes scarying small children! Ha ha ha right now it's almost 75 degrees (about 18 Celsius ) That's what my outside thermometer says right now.View attachment 87454
Yes, I saw the headlines; "Medicine Hat woman arrested for scaring kids half to death"! :ROFLMAO:
John

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
And speaking of Halloween, we set a new record for number of kids who came to the door last night! ZERO!!!! First time ever. Daughter-in-law dropped by with the two little demons on their way home from elsewhere, but that doesn't count. Lots of candy left over for me! :D(y)
It was a drizzly evening, so that may have had something to do with it. Brother-in-law in the city only got THREE kids!
John

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
None here either, found out they go to closer together houses.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Gorgeous day here. Spent all day outside cleaning up the leaves and the gardens, getting things ready for winter. My goal is always to have get everything ready for winter the way I want it to be for spring - all the garden beds mulched and ready for planting, bushes all trimmed, the lawn mowed and trimmed, all the weeds cleaned up, all the tools where they belong. Then I can rest easy knowing I can hit the ground running in spring - nothing hanging over my head.

Ask a Question