What is your weather like ... today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CountryEscape, Feb 6, 2012.

1. CountryEscape

callingcolleen1 mad hatter

-21 Celsius (-6 Fahrenheit) right now this early morning. Poor Birdies outside were chipping like spring is coming, dispite the harsh cold weather were having for March.

I see more bad weather for middle of USA.
    Its a long tough winter this year and I think I am going to plant garden early and take cattle panel cold frames (which will be off ponds by then) and put in garden to extend our growing season. So many uses for handy dandy cattle panels. Then after I am done I cut the twine that keeps them in the half round shape and store them flat up against side of fence and old garage....

callingcolleen1, Mar 6, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

Bright lovely sunshine across the whole sky! Should rise up to 50f today.................Spring is springing :woot:

j.w, Mar 6, 2018
    callingcolleen1 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. CountryEscape

Angel

Where I am at 4-8" is nothing.

I am use to ish your type of weather @collingcolleen1 originally from buffalo ny are. "Not snow unless its in feet"

Angel, Mar 6, 2018
    callingcolleen1 likes this.
  4. CountryEscape

JBtheExplorer Native Gardener

Snowed overnight.
    That was the worst snow I've had to clean up all season, and it was only about 2". It was the widowmaker snow. The stuff was super heavy and would instantly clog my snowblower. Too heavy to shovel, too. Good thing my neighbor came over and plowed most of my driveway or I'd still be out there.

JBtheExplorer, Mar 6, 2018
  5. CountryEscape

callingcolleen1 mad hatter

Its hot!!! Inside my Greenhouse today. No need to use heaters now in pond or greenhouse as daytime heating is plenty. Just use heater at night after sun goes down. Spring is coming soon and sun is growing very stong now. Hopefully next week I can clean my filters in pond and get my big balls spinning!

callingcolleen1, Mar 6, 2018
  6. CountryEscape

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

ponds slightly iced over, a bit of snow, ice pellets, maybe 3 inches of snow tomorrow, maybe

addy1, Mar 6, 2018
  7. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

Nice and 51f here. Just went on a walk and then came home and jumped on bicycle and went for a ride. Now tired!

j.w, Mar 6, 2018
  8. CountryEscape

Snow hitting us, maybe, 1-3 inches, maybe. Ponds have a ice layer again, thin layer

addy1, Mar 7, 2018
  9. CountryEscape

JamieB

Below freezing tonight. I hope my flowers are ok. I’ll go out after things warm up a bit. Laughing my butt off as my very pregnant cat demands her kitty treats, she has my dad whipped. He opened the whole top off, not just the little opening. She’s pawing at him, trying to pull it to her. Lol.

JamieB, Mar 7, 2018
    addy1 likes this.
  10. CountryEscape

We trained our pup to potty outside with treats. Still demands them, we come inside and she stands in the kitchen until we give her one.

addy1, Mar 7, 2018
  11. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

Clouds mixed w/sunshine and colder. 32f hmmmmmmmmmmm, could there be more snow in our future?
    I think not as 51f is predicted for today.I see 60's is in the line up also and I will take it!

j.w, Mar 7, 2018
  12. CountryEscape

Gordo33

Well the second nor Easter in 4 days is whalloping us . Lost power last Friday until Sunday morning. Spoke to a guy last night at a gas station up he road from my house. He still didn't have power.. less winds this time but greater snow fall. The snow is wet and heavy
    7 am this morning
    IMG_2170.jpg

2:30 this afternoon
    IMG_2177.jpg

Gordo33, Mar 7, 2018
    callingcolleen1, Tula and j.w like this.
  13. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

It's pretty till it causes trouble!

j.w, Mar 7, 2018
  14. CountryEscape

We got a tiny spit, the storm missed us.

addy1, Mar 8, 2018
  15. CountryEscape

JamieB

For those of you stuck in winter still, with snow and ice, here’s a pic to turn you from frozen blue to green with envy. Proof we have hit spring here! At least this week! It may go back to winter later, but for now I have flowers blooming. Things are still mostly brown, but starting to go green.
    Unfortunately for me, spring comes with winds. I look sunburnt on my face and neck from yesterday’s up to 50mph winds.
    Pond is getting a bit murky from dust blowing in and spring algae bloom starting. I set up my garden bed frames to the west of it, I need to get the rest of the frames built, dirt added, and plants started.

Attached Files:

JamieB, Mar 8, 2018
    callingcolleen1 and Tula like this.
  16. CountryEscape

JBtheExplorer Native Gardener

I don't want to see it! Not until I have that weather here! :ROFLMAO:
    There are rumors of 50's and maybe 60's toward the middle of the month, but that's still a week away so we'll see what happens. I really need Spring. This winter wasn't too terrible, some winters seem to take forever, but even the "good" winters still go by slowly. Especially this time of year, when you know spring is coming, but it seems to take forever to finally get here. I'm always ready for May weather in March.

JBtheExplorer, Mar 8, 2018
  17. CountryEscape

JamieB

Lol, don’t look! I’ll be posting more when they bloom. It’s a slow start right now, and I’m happy I got any blooms at all. I’m still finding bulbs that I need to dig up, so I’ll have another pot or two done soon. I’ve been pouring over gardening magazines, eyeing plants I want to add, but I need to solerize the weeds gone first. I want them now darn it! I’ve got like $40 not already slotted for other bills, I could buy a few iris and lilly bulbs!!! But no. I should spend it on stuff for the pond instead, to make the filter I’m going to do.

JamieB, Mar 8, 2018
  18. CountryEscape

Angel

Almost can't see the pond 20180308_081518.jpg

Angel, Mar 8, 2018
  19. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

We have that scene only in clear coat. Makes everything shine...............trying to think positive :rolleyes:

j.w, Mar 8, 2018
  20. CountryEscape

JamieB

Bought the totes and silicone to make a small pool filter. This will reduce the worst of the gunk in the water, so I can get semi clean water to the raised garden beds. It’ll basically just keep the pump from clogging. So now I get to drill holes, fine tune how many and what size, so that inflow and output are equal. I’ll use polyester batting as mechanical filtration, debating on biological. It needs to be light weight.

JamieB, Mar 8, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question