What size pump? or pumps?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Listen. Stop with all the math-ing. What you do is build your pond, turn it on, BE AMAZED AT YOUR GENIUS and ignore the electric bill. It's just that simple!

A pond will pay for itself a million times over - especially with kids - in the amount of enjoyment and stress relief it will bring you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Listen. Stop with all the math-ing. What you do is build your pond, turn it on, BE AMAZED AT YOUR GENIUS and ignore the electric bill. It's just that simple!

A pond will pay for itself a million times over - especially with kids - in the amount of enjoyment and stress relief it will bring you.
We all obsessive over one thing or another. This can be a very expensive "HOBBY "Gravity is free, use it to your advantage. The cost is how you return point B back to point A. If you have any common sense (extremely rare theses days) and build sturdy structures you are ahead of the game. The only limit is your imagination.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have already reworked how to create the pond a few different times, due to things I have learnt and different things I have found to create a pond with.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
All i can say is what it costs now and how long it takes to plan and build not only will they be worth it over time . They both are a blink in time and ok a double blink in money. Your not planning a plastic tub pond . Your going at it wisely. A little spot light of the future it is going to change your life.

We are being raped at .241 per kwh

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
.09/kwh up here in in Arlington, Wa. Gosh I thought that was high!
Oh and large eggs are on sale at Safeway w/click the coupon for $1.27 per dozen limit 4!
Yahoo Mountain Dew!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Im looking at pumping water out of a storage area under a negative edge across the the yard and up over a 4 foot all into a Bog what kind of pump/lift would that take ?

I'm guessing I could use a smaller pump if I didnt have to go up over that 4 foot wall into the bog, in order to have a 3 foot water fall.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If Im looking at pumping water out of a storage area under a negative edge across the the yard and up over a 4 foot all into a Bog what kind of pump/lift would that take ?

I'm guessing I could use a smaller pump if I didnt have to go up over that 4 foot wall into the bog, in order to have a 3 foot water fall.
Your head pressure will change based on how deep the reservoir is and how full it is at any given time.

All said, I don’t remember your distances, widths or heights.

I think @Lisak1 had the best advice somewhere earlier in the thread. Just build the pond you want and put in the biggest pipes you can manage. Once it’s all done, pick the pump that will do the job.

Ask a Question