Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m tired, my hubby is asleep, but I can’t fall asleep listening to the show he has on, it keeps catching my interest! Drunken idiots have been tearing up the roads, I saw plenty of beer cans and boxes from beer on my way home. I do believe I’ll be dropping a word to the county Mounties next time I see them. Pulling over idiots out mudding while drinking should net them a few bucks! And if I’m lucky, it’ll save me from driving torn up roads! I hate to be preachy, but drinking and driving is terrible. I’ve lost pets to drunk drivers, or just reckless ones who didn’t care they’d hit a white cat.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Here is my great score of rocks I have been dragging home on my bike. The huge ones I had to get my hubby to assist with as we had to lift some of those together into the back of my car today. They still need some washing as they were packed w/dirt.

Big ones:
IMG_8712.JPG

Ones I brought home on my bike below except not the one in front:
IMG_8713.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@j.w do you have a cart for your bike? I must say you are something, can you post a picture someday of all the farmed rocks.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Tara No cart just saddle bags. I can only carry whatever fills the bags. I make sure I collect them at the last 15mins of my 2 hour ride every day. You mean you want to see where I put the rocks that I have collected? I can do that. Some I brought home from Arizona when I went to visit w/ @addy1 when her and her hubby were down there trying to sell their rental. Others I picked up all over the place here and in other states. I'll go out and take some shots of them maybe tomorrow or the next day. Addy had so many nice ones that neither her nor I could fit in our cars or rv's to take home.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Can't wait to see them, I read about you collecting them so often, so I'm curious as to where they ended up. Thanks

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy had so many nice ones that neither her nor I could fit in our cars or rv's to take home.
I had every hole in the RV and our towed car full of rocks. Had to leave all my big boulders, just to darn big to move!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Not sure what I'm going doing today, it is currently 36f. We had weather in the 80s last week so I think I need a day or two to come to terms with the cold. My neighbour gave me some really dark baking coco that she swears by, so maybe ill do some baking, definitely a stew for dinner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The dark baking coco makes great brownies!
So my neighbor says. Can't wait to try it, as I have a chocolate cake recipe that my sister just stole from my Mom, she was reluctant to to take the recipe, so my nephew took a photo of it and sent it to me. My Mom traded a cake recipe with a baker from Africa she met years ago. It's for a chocolate cake, and when I described it to my neighbor she said I need this coco, I will start with brownies to check out the flavor.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love anything chocolate. Share the cake recipe if you can! ie not breaking treasured ones that are not shared.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well I will try it when I bake it for halloween. Can't see myself splaying the recipe over the internet, just my luck my mother would somehow see it, considering my nephew took the photo I can't just throw him under the bus like that.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well bought these at ollies and thought I would share .I had a 20 % off coupon and boy do these work for lots of stuff 2 tips and 7.99 .Also addy rural king here has lots of bee stuff .You need a bike cart jw .I used to have one and they were great for my bike rides in NJ during clean up week ,finding treasures is great
100_5763.JPG
100_5765.JPG
100_5726.JPG
100_5725.JPG
100_5774.JPG
100_5727.JPG
100_5729.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Coffee break for me, baking for most of the morning into afternoon. I swear one minute I can't keep enough bananas in the house, and the next minute nobody wants to eat them. So today banana bread it is, also making a creamy oxtail soup with fresh bread. Nothing like the smell of baking on a cold day, however as soon as the boys come in, all that food with be inhaled with nothing left but a pleasant smell. Teenager's never fail to amaze me with the amount of food they can eat.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks Sissy, tractor supply has bee keep supplies. I buy most of my stuff from Mann lake, they have good prices, and ship right to the door for free if you spend 100 or more. And every time you need bee stuff you are spending more then 100.

Ask a Question