Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
View attachment 116755 View attachment 116756 View attachment 116757 Today was cloudy but somewhat warm so decided to do fall clean out on one pond.Pulled 16 lily pots and cut everybody back. Some will need divided in spring. I was surprised at how clean the bottom of the pond was, no leaves or muck, just pea gravel from the 2 pots the koi dumped.]
I did Fall cleaning all day! I got all the plants I want to winterize pulled cleaned and safe in the garage to dry. I also pulled all the annuals from the pond....so much work but all worth it!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
More rockin out today! Took my car over to the guys house w/all the rocks he didn't want. Lots of flat ones underneath the pile. Flat rocks are sure hard to find around here. He said he had a lot more in his back yard. Said he might want to build a pond someday so I gave him our forum site name. These will be stored here on the side of our house till I figure out where to put them all.

IMG_8715.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
More rockin out today! Took my car over to the guys house w/all the rocks he didn't want. Lots of flat ones underneath the pile. Flat rocks are sure hard to find around here. He said he had a lot more in his back yard. Said he might want to build a pond someday so I gave him our forum site name. These will be stored here on the side of our house till I figure out where to put them all.View attachment 116762
So what are doing with all the rocks, can we see?
smhalloween.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@j.w that's @Tara with the neighbor problem. But I DO have some weird ones! The guy across the street is a total weirdo. We had a retention wall re-built between our house and our next door neighbor a few weeks ago - shared the cost, he's a good neighbor - and this oddball stood out there all day taking pictures. He did the same thing when we had our windows replaced - stood out front and took pictures of our house. My husband asked him what he was doing and he said he was interested in getting his windows replaced - not sure why he needed pictures of MY house to do that... Then he tried to get our installers to come and give him a price on a new front door. Uh... they aren't the salespeople you ding dong! And stop talking to my workers! Oh he's a strange one.

Now we have a new neighbor on the other side of us who is turning out to be a bit nuts as well. He knocked on my door the other day to ask if I had stolen his trash can. A. No. And B. If I did do you think I would admit it? I had to walk him around to the side of my house to show him that my cans are exactly the same as the one he says went missing, and all have our name on them. I told him to feel free to take them if he needs a trash can that badly... I can surely go buy a new one. People are strange I tell you! I feel your pain @Tara !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Changed over my koi pool pumps from a 13,000 lph to a 9000 lph. Don't need to have so much water passing through the filter at this time of the year. The actual rate is lower, as the head height is about six feet.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I shall take pix today of the places I put some other rocks that I have but really I am no fancy designer. I just like rocks and place them here and there under trees and in garden beds.
The new ones I have just acquired will be dealt w/as I scope out areas of neediness
upload_2018-10-21_8-23-6.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Groomed more lilies, water is cold, wind howling, but now done except moving the lilies out of the hot tub pond into the big pond for the winter.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had to continue my rocks on a new post cuz they only allow 20 photos on a post.

I put them around my pond pathway:
IMG_8731.JPG

Put them around back deck garden:
IMG_8733.JPG

and around the sides:
IMG_8745.JPG

And here are the ones I still need to put around somewhere. A pile where the cat is and to the left by the chair are an orange bucket full and a black one full and some to the left of the base of the tree:
IMG_8748.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I had stolen his trash can. A. No. And B. If I did do you think I would admit it? I
:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: . Thanks, but there is just something so aggravating about annoying neighbors who feel entitled. My neighbour now has an issue with poison ivy, somehow he seems to think it's my nice neighbors fault somehow. @j.w that's absolute madness that you had a gun pointed at you, there's just no telling what's in a person's mind these days. So for anyone else with bad neighbors, like at Lisa said I feel your pain also.

Ask a Question