Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@j.w I can just see you on your bike dragging those stones
I got some leftover from building the pond you can have if you ride that bike of yours this way
smlaughing5.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think I have fallen in love with rural king stores .They are now opening another Ollies store in Martinsville in the old foodlion grocery store .I have to finish hanging the 50 inch tv today and bring some of my plants in because of the cold spell coming in sunday night and have to mow when grass dries out and have to plant more ziosa grass plugs I cut out of my already planted stuff .I want to have the whole front lawn it it ,no fertilizer and it gets thick like a carpet .It does get brown in the winter but I don't care as it is really drought tolerant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Can really feel the chill outside today, have to finish tidying up around the pond, later I need to help to help my youngest with a project. I also got some beautiful native plants on clearance that I need to plant this weekend.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had to resolve what I thought was a leak in my pond .I need another me to do all this stuff around here .Water should be almost a foot higher
100_5794.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Today will prolly be the last day of rock gathering on my bike till another place pops up.
Thanks for the offer @Gemma .
I'll see you around August of next year if I leave now
upload_2018-10-19_9-34-10.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Scored more rocks but dwindling down now at the recent site. But guess what? I have been riding my bike past this one house forever every day hoping to see a human outside. Today I did and I asked him if he wanted the pile of big flatish rocks that have been sitting in one spot for a long time out by his driveway. He said go ahead, help yourself. This will have to be a drive up w/a car one cuz these aren't bicycle size. Yay!!! Prolly pick them up next week.
Moved some Calla Lily bulbs today from shade where they never bloom to full sun where they better! Pulled up a couple big Sedums and stuck one in a whiskey barrel. The other went to plant Heaven. I have enough in other places and no room for more. Anyway they are so easy to start from stems that it's ridiculous!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Did not get planting today, I hung around my pond too long. Getting more annoyed with my one of my neighbors by the minute. I share a fence with five neighbors, neighbor on the left, lovely woman our kids played together when little, back neighbors never see them, when I do we chat at the fence, three neighbors on the right, one couple I never see, next couple are great friends we are all ways trading goodies and what not and chatting at the fence, the front neighbor on the right is a difficult man. When we were not living here as we were working on the house, he built his fence well into our property, had a get the land survey done again so he would move it, still he did not move it back far enough. When he saw my small dog who greeted his daughter one day he said if my" dog ever went near his kid again he would call the f###### cops". Has charged up my driveway with a hockey stick at my kids because our chicken got out. Meanwhile he comes into my side and sprays, has sump pumps draining onto my driveway, won't move them even though it freezes in winter after rain making it a slippy ice sheet. Was out taking pics today and looking for a way to solve this issue. I told him nicely he had to move them, and he told me to solve it by planting some vegetation, won't move them. Don't know if planting anything would work as he was out there today mowing my yard, so his pump hoses were nice and clear. My neighbour said when his kids hit hockey pucks into her yard he sometimes hangs out walking around her garden on his cell phone. What to do is the problem. Sorry for the rant.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Darn that sucks neighbors can ruin your pleasure of your home.
We have only two close to us, one is 200 plus yards away, one is on the other side of a bunch of large cypress.

The one that is closer is a drinker, wanted us to do happy hours with them, we never started that practice, actually never went over. He ................umm................suggested he and I have a affair when we first moved in. I ignored the suggestion. We get along ok since we don't socialize, he has a drinking temper we can hear him sometimes at night. A friendly wave now and then, give them a bottle of honey when we harvest it.

The further neighbor is our puppy sitter, if we ever need one, she is also our executor, we don't trust our families or hubbies kids to do it. We get along great with them, no socializing i.e. parties, dinners but we do sit and chat now and then. If we happen to croak she will have a job to close down our life, will be compensated well for the work lol.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
has sump pumps draining onto my driveway, won't move them even though it freezes in winter after rain making it a slippy ice sheet
Can you redirect them? They are on your property, move the ends. Take a lot of pictures of where they are and where you direct them to. With very well marked property boundaries.
Add some hose to them if you can, redirect back onto his land. If he gets nasty call the cops.

Cut the hoses right at the property line. Dig a deep hole fill with gravel to take the water.
Tell him nicely to not cut your grass. Take pictures, take pictures, take pictures.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nothing ruins a paradise location like having bad neighbors!
My neighbors are so far away from my house, and most of my time outdoor I spend close by so I hardly ever see any of them and even if I see them walking by I really don't share more than a "hello".

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What I find worse is the attitude he has. My neighbors have horse barn build in the 18th century at the back of their property, it still has it original Windows and is well maintained. It's located at my side fence and near his back fence, every year he builds an ice hockey ring, and the kids play, but the pucks hit their horse barn all season. My neighbour fears for her windows as you can't just find replacements if they are broken ,but this man is not bothered at all. As for the stumps I will post a picture later as he has half buried them just under the fence.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
20181020_100358.jpg
20181020_102142.jpg
20181020_104656.jpg
Today was cloudy but somewhat warm so decided to do fall clean out on one pond.Pulled 16 lily pots and cut everybody back. Some will need divided in spring. I was surprised at how clean the bottom of the pond was, no leaves or muck, just pea gravel from the 2 pots the koi dumped.]

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Lisak1 sad when you have neighbors who are boogers! All my neighbors around here are nice except one father and son combo who live down the road aways. Had to end up getting a restraining order against them both and call the police one time when the kid pulled a gun on me while I was walking down a road near his place. Long story on how it all started. That's been 4 yrs ago and they still try to irritate me when I'm riding or walking. Sure glad they don't live right next door to me! If your neighbor is so unreasonable you might have to end up going to court. Better if you don't have to cuz boy some can really hold grudges!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
here they have laws that say you cannot allow water to enter on others property and the fine is 500 per time and if it causes damage you must fix it .That is the main reason I have an underground tank to handle run off .Another reason I like having 3+acres ,no one close

Ask a Question