Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Was going to rake leaves but changed my mind as I'm too cold. Had planned to bring oversized quilts to laundry mat and head into get haircut next door picking up a sticker for the jeep along the way, had not noticed it expired, however my husband has gone half way up the coast with my keys and his own set of keys so for now I'm grounded as my jeep is blocked in. I guess ill have to do the chores I was putting off :grumpy:. @Gemma you should give baking a go, makes the home smell so good.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I just posted on a different thread that baking is going to be one of 2 tasks I intend to complete before Spring :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm just gonna hang out here today and rest from my dentist and vaccination yesterday. Just feel tired from being stressed out yesterday and arm does hurt some but not like a year ago. I put heat and then cold on it and took two Ibuprofen yesterday and right after the shot I rubbed the area to death and am feeling better today. Gonna have an overdue phone chat from a high school friend and she is a good talker so we will have fun on the phone for hours! I don't really like being on the phone that long but we don't do it that often. Watching it snow @addy1 's house right now. Coming down pretty good and all is blanketed in white. Love it!

snow.png

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@j.w I'm glad your arm didn't get as bad as last year, I remember how miserable you felt.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Easy for you to say @addy1 you're probably a very good baker! ...but you're right, this year I really have to stop the excuses and do more than my usual lemon or pineapple cream cake :)
I have more than once made a garbage can something. I usually look up a mix on the net for something, never have all the ingredients so modify
It, most of the time it comes out ok.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Got 2 batches of cookies baked this morning and started decorating the kitchen while waiting for contractor to work on bathroom. He was supposed to be here by 10am. Called and cancelled at 1pm! We had sleet and snow all morning and now pouring rain so guess not a good day to do drywall!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm just gonna hang out here today and rest from my dentist and vaccination yesterday. Just feel tired from being stressed out yesterday and arm does hurt some but not like a year ago. I put heat and then cold on it and took two Ibuprofen yesterday and right after the shot I rubbed the area to death and am feeling better today. Gonna have an overdue phone chat from a high school friend and she is a good talker so we will have fun on the phone for hours! I don't really like being on the phone that long but we don't do it that often. Watching it snow @addy1 's house right now. Coming down pretty good and all is blanketed in white. Love it!

View attachment 117474
Hope you feel better

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Have to go to the supermarket to pick up stuff for dinner this week. How goes the baking @Gemma ? By the way does anyone know if @sissy is well, I have not seen her post in a long time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Have to go to the supermarket to pick up stuff for dinner this week. How goes the baking @Gemma ? By the way does anyone know if @sissy is well, I have not seen her post in a long time.
Haven't baked anything new yet but I did make my first potato pie on the stove top:)
potatopie.jpg

I don't know about Sissy, I'm not on here that much anymore while the forum is so slow....we need new threads but I have no idea what to post about

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
With holidays, various illnesses bugs, and just busy lives in general, I know I’ve not been on to post much. I try to pop on once or twice a day. But I know between work, some bug trying to kick my butt, and family issues, I’m not on much.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So, this wasn't today, but over the past few weeks.

I made some ornaments.
IMG_8103 copy.jpg

IMG_7985 copy.jpg

I also started learning how to paint. I've never painted before. I've painted small things, but never full designs. I've done a lot of drawings in the past, but the technique is so different that it's been difficult to learn.

First, I painted the Wind Point Lighthouse in black on wood, just to get used to using a brush. The proportions are slightly off but I don't think it's too bad.
IMG_8105 copy.jpg

After that, I decided to go full steam ahead and do a full scenery painting on wood. This is also the Wind Point Lighthouse, though a little more accurate. I think it turned out ok since I've never painted before, but it took forever, as I expected it would.
IMG_8022 copy.jpg

In the end, I may try painting another scene or two, but I think I'll stick with drawing.

Ask a Question