addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We missed our hot tub. So we "broke" the rules. Brought a blow up tub for the car port. Low price level works great. A soak is good for the old bones.
20181202_055328.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Finishing up one of my projects. I found this idea online and decided to try it. Online, it was just the deer itself, but I wanted to give it a Christmas theme. I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. I don't necessarily love the holly, but I also think it needed it. I might add two more to the top. Undecided for now. "Seasons Greetings" took awhile to paint, but I think it turned out pretty good. It's hard to tell, but it's actually a very dark green, and I painted a slightly lighter, more saturated green in the center of each letter to give it a fading look. This'll be a Christmas gift for my mom. She loves this kind of stuff.

IMG_8115 copy.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very pretty @JBtheExplorer and your mom will love it!

I'm waiting for the temps to rise so I can actually ride my bike and not ice skate out there instead! It's 39f right now and when it hits 40 I'll start getting ready to go. The sun is shining tho so it won't be long!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I had to top off the mini pond outside, filled the mini pool cause we’ve been having to fill the dog bowls twice a day. Then went to work and got mad at the vendors who’ve been stacking the cases of drinks in front of the shelves. Two and three cases of the same product open, could easily be consolidated into one spot, one case worth. Grrrrr! Now I’m home and have my kitties cuddled up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ll be making a triple batch of dinner rolls for my Christmas party Thursday after I take mom to her appointment, then I have to get a hair cut. I’m looking a bit shaggy!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I found a small chandelier last so I cleaned it and strung all the crystals back together. Its stunning when the sun hits it as it sends prisms of light everywhere. I finally put it up today, but no sun today so I will put a picture up when it's sunny.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Would love to start making some stock this weekend but as usual, holiday lights are being a pain! Timer stake for one side of yard had photocell quit and now one of the 7 1/2' wire trees at the top of the driveway quit working. So I'll be spending the morning trying to find out why it's blowing the plug fuse or will have to replace both trees!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No more outside lights for us! Too many headaches. Sorry you are having those darn issues @mrsclem .

Hope you figure it all our soon
upload_2018-12-8_9-27-10.gif

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Got wiring checked. Fried circuit board so swapped out spiral trees from bottom of driveway. Hopefully tonight everything will work . Planning our yearly traditional glass of champagne at top of yard to check lights!
Made a big batch of chilI in new multi-cooker. Had to take last one back cause pot coating peeled off first time I used it. So far, so good with this one.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Got wiring checked. Fried circuit board so swapped out spiral trees from bottom of driveway. Hopefully tonight everything will work . Planning our yearly traditional glass of champagne at top of yard to check lights!
You're not alone with the electrical issues, it's like every day something stops working, we had to replace not one but two GFI
Hubby and kids are out Christmas shopping and I got the house to myself..I might even take a nap.
smchristmass3.gif

Ask a Question